Zip Code: 99501
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for the receipt of customer produce orders by telephone, fax, EDI or e-mail and the accurate data entry into the computer system (AS400). Maintains and increases market share by satisfying customer needs and meeting management objectives. Develop a close working relationship with customers, and all coordinating departments.
Hours: Sun – Thursday 6:00 pm to 2:30 am
Overtime hours, working weekends and holidays, and starting at various early morning start times may be required in order to successfully meet operational needs.
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Experience with MS Office
- Strong numeric and alpha-umeric data entry skills
- Detail orientated
- Ability to interact with others in a professional manner.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Essential Duties: (essential functions are in bold)
- Manage the entry of all orders for shipping into the AS400 computer system
- Maintains existing customer base through effective customer service skills
- Follows through on all customer requests. (special orders, special delivery notes, product availability information, seasonal availability of products, etc)
- Contact all assigned customers weekly. Ensures all data in the AS400 is up to date and accurate for each customer.
- Advise customers of operational procedures (special orders, cut offs, holiday schedules)
- Manage daily order edit to facilitate a smooth operational product pull and manage daily out of stock report as it relates to customer needs and deliveries.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Attend all required company meetings and trainings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One (1) year experience working in a customer service-driven call center.
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations.
- Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check, Physical Abilities Test) .
- Knowledge of produce industry.
- One (1) year minimum experience in a sales, and or customer service relations position preferred.
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Managing Work
- Building Trust
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
DiTomaso is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time