Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Seattle
Zip Code: 98032
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
This is a Sales and Marketing position responsible for providing direct sales support to all assigned accounts. This position interprets and implements all contractual requirements of the Master Distribution Agreement by maintaining contact with the customers, implementing and reviewing pricing agreements, and coordinating with the various departments with the Company. The Account Executive is also responsible for managing, monitoring and tracking the performance of all assigned accounts to insure that maximum sales and profits are being achieved, while exceeding the customer's expectation for service based on the specific Distribution Agreements.
- Responsible for maintenance and identification of new sales opportunities within existing accounts
- Responsible for increasing sales through account penetration by analyzing current sales and volume, planning sales call and following up
- Make sales calls and presentations outside of the office as often as necessary to maintain a solid customer relationship and as required to increase sales/penetration. Schedule sales calls in a planned and geographically organized manner in order to maximize efficiency.
- Seek and qualify LCC prospects in accordance with Company account stratification goals
- Coordinate broker/vendor presentations and prepare marketing material for customers as needed
- Provide superior service to existing accounts in an effort to retain/enhance customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for communicating with assigned accounts on a continuous basis regarding new products and services, company changes, holiday schedules, item changes, and new sales opportunities. Update customer on pricing/item changes or information.
- Respond in a timely manner to customer questions and inquiries and is courteous and professional to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the creation and on-going development of customer communication including newsletters, new product notification, Serve safe class notification, food show invitations, and other promotional material
- Monitor customer satisfaction and take corrective action, as needed, in an effort to retain account and improve customer satisfaction.
- Notify supervisor immediately if an existing account is in jeopardy of discontinuing service with Sysco, or if issues remain unresolved regardless of attempts to correct situation.
- Maintain updated customer files and profiles including contact information, delivery information, order information, etc. This data is logged and maintained in the approved Sales Department system of records (i.e. Sysco 360 where applicable).
- Ensure orders are reviewed, and verified. Check allocation, suggest substitutes, and ensure orders are filled at highest percentage possible.
- Assist in the set-up of new accounts including the creation of customer order guides, obtaining new account applications, setting up price-rules, creating SUS charts, establish order/delivery schedules, implement customer/vendor pricing agreements, create files, coordinate with each department in order to meet or exceed the customers' expectations.
- Create and communicate Customer Policies and Procedures/Operation Manuals.
- Responsible for processing new product requests by establishing product usage and by collecting proper documentation from the customer and vendor
- Communicate with the various departments to provide vital information that may be necessary for servicing the customer. This would include advance notification to merchandising of menu changes, increased or decreased product movement, new or lost business, changes in proprietary product and review the mupa report on a regular basis. This also includes advance notification to Operations about new customers, construction, or any other changes that may affect customer orders or delivery.
- Create and monitor internal reports to track and measure the performance results of each customer, including the management of proprietary products and monitoring movement necessary to maintain stocking requirements.
- Responsible for monitoring, responding to, and initiating action for all corporate communication regarding CMU accounts and contracts
- Responsible for managing and maintaining assigned customer's account receivable information and maintaining acceptable DSO
- Responsible for continuous and on-going communication with Supervisor
- Review the daily out of stock report
- Respond to all price inquiries from customers. Complete research and submit credit and drop shipments as required.
- Ensure special orders are processed within 24 hrs.
- Review the aging report on a weekly basis.
- Ensure account maintenance (charts maintenance, pricing research, credit processing, and various other projects as needed).
- Create schedules, implement systems and monitor the progress and completion of all projects to insure deadlines and timelines are met. Communicate progress and results to Director, Sales Administration prior to submitting to customers or Corporate.
- Communicates to customers and associates in a courteous and professional manner to enhance customer satisfaction with Sysco and to create a spirit of teamwork.
- Perform administrative duties, such as maintaining sales records, processing credits and pick up request, prepare sales quotes and menu suggestions and filing reports
- Other duties as may be assigned
All candidates for this position must be able to represent their ability to perform substantially all of the required duties of the position while abiding by any post-employment obligations owed to current or former employers, to the extent such obligations are reasonable and enforceable.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
- Valid Driver License with a driving record that meets Company insurability standards
- Current automobile insurance with the following limits of liability: Bodily injury - $100,000 each person and $300,000 each accident; property damage - $100,000
- Sign Sysco Protective Covenants Agreement.
- 2 years' prior outside foodservice sales experience
- Familiarization with customer service activities, interdepartmental communications and general finance concepts beneficial
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Familiarity of local industry trends and issues in the food service industry
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, portion cost, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume and add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to execute multiple initiatives autonomously
- Ability to express information in terms of profit and loss, food cost and expense ratio
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Knowledge of MS Office software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments and shifts in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Understanding of Sysco's key business metrics preferred
- Ability to handle multiple jobs, timelines and deadlines
- Ability to prioritize, multi task, and shift priorities as necessary
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations
- Report to work promptly and regularly; works well with others; demonstrates the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Practice, self-directed, with the ability to structure a weekly schedule to be successful
- To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate all the individual Framework competencies of this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position will require regular travel utilizing personal vehicle and may result in long periods of sitting.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco Seattle is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time