Company: Newport Meat Pacific Northwest
Zip Code: 97230
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Newport Meat Pacific Northwest
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a food processing environment.
- Preferred knowledge of meat processing/specifications and meat processing equipment.
- Good math skills and good communication skills.
- Working computer (MSWORD, Excel), written, problem solving and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work extended periods of time in a cold environment.
- Must be able to work well alone but also communicate effectively to identify and explain problems.
- Capable of effective interaction with managers and hourly employees.
- Conduct pre-operational inspections of equipment and validate effectiveness of plant sanitation by testing of food and non-food contact surfaces.
- Monitor compliance with all company, corporate and federal/state safety rules and food safety regulations.
- Perform multiple analysis on work in progress and finished product to ensure compliance with company and customer specifications.
- Must be able to measure quantifiable attributes of the product (weight, tail length, tenderloin diameter, etc.)
- Make subjective decisions on the general appearance of the product.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Hours to be determined by business needs.
- Approximately 2:30am to 10:30am
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Newport Meat Pacific Northwest is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time