Company: Newport Meat Northern California
Zip Code: 94539
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
This Operating Company (OpCo) based administrative/project support position will assist with maintaining documentation and assisting with tasks in the areas of environmental, health safety and security.
- Maintain records for safety programs (ie training logs, reports, inspections)
- Completes compliance programs reports with MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Updates any changes provided by Safety Director for written programs and processes
- Assist with orientation follow up to ensure required training is completed timely and all documentation is received
- Maintains and updates security access files and reviews and pulls recorded data when needed.
- Ability to become a Sysco Interactive University (online training) system
- Follows up on investigations with leadership to ensure reports are completed timely
- Follows up with leadership on completion of coach cards, observations and safety meetings for SyscoSafe and on-board recording systems.
- Assist with preparation of break downs of leading indicator tracking and reports
- Assist with creating training documents – powerpoints, sign off sheets etc.
- Engages associates to properly follow work methods in their daily job functions.
- Monitors inspection of equipment to detect existing or potential failures and recommends corrective/preventative measures where indicated.
- Has strong organizational and analytical skills
- Promotes a workplace that is a proactive safety culture
- Develop effective interdepartmental relationships
- Demonstrate professional maturity and ability to act as a change member
- Promote zero incident HSE culture throughout the company
- Reviews and processes invoices for payments
- Updates SDS files on MSDS online
- Liason to external consultants in order to manage project status when applicable
- Support execution of Sysco’s Emergency Preparedness Plan procedures and policies
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma
- Two or more years experience with support in an Occupational Safety area preferred
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Excellent organization, planning, time management and follow up skills to handle multiple task in a fast paced environment.
- Maintain confidentiality and professionalism
- Ability to focus on priorities
- Willingness to become involved with projects
- Process Improvement focus and high attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; ability to interact effectively with all levels of management, supervision and employees
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software, and the ability to learn Sysco technology software and programs
- Effectively using time and resources to accomplish overall initiatives and program goals
- The ability to analyze and independently solve a variety of difficult situations and problems
- Successfully demonstrate Leadership Framework competencies
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position will be performed at the assigned operating company facilities.
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes according to business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Newport Meat Northern California is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time