Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Provide all analytics required to enable Sysco’s Merchandising (Corporate and Field) organizations. Individuals in this role are responsible for delivering insights and recommendations to drive Sysco’s Category Management process, product assortment, and continuous management of categories through analysis, reporting, research, modeling, and data mining.
- Provide analytics to enable execution of various Category Management activities. This includes collaborating with Merchandising to define the category strategy and optimal assortment through data driven insights. Key deliverables include the creation of the category business case, product attributing/lotting, and development of the category strategy deck (Fact Pack).
- Identify category insights and propose business solutions to Merchandising Leadership to drive sales and incremental gross profit dollars. This includes measuring ongoing performance, compliance, profitability, and identifying opportunities to optimize Sysco’s assortment.
- Develop and execute analyses related to supplier, brand, customer, market performance and other necessary ad hoc requests.
- Provide analytics utilized by supplier (Category Planners) and broker partners, Joint Business Planning (JBP), and Innovation Solutions.
- Assist in development, maintenance, and enhancement of analytical tools; prepare and deliver presentations.
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required (Business, Computer Science, or Analytics degree preferred) or relevant Sysco experience in lieu of a degree.
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience required.
- Strong quantitative problem solver who can manage complex issues and interpret large data sets comfortably
- Analytical thinker who can draw sound business conclusions from multiple sources of information
- Self driven individual who is able to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment and adapt to shifting priorities
- Collaborative team player who can effectively work in a matrix/cross-functional organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel (e.g., formulas, pivot tables, graphing, data connections, and automation using macros and VBA) skills required
- Microsoft Access, PowerPoint, SQL, Visual Basic, Tableau, 1010Data, Business Objects, SAS, R, or other relevant data mining software experience preferred
- Theoretical knowledge of statistics and quantitative analysis techniques (e.g. spreadsheet modeling, regression analysis) preferred
- Exposure to category management preferrred
- Experience working in distribution, retail, or wholesale industry preferred.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The associate is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This position must be performed from the Corporate facility in Houston, Texas.
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employeewill be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Corporate Enclave is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time