Company: Buckhead Meat of Dallas
Zip Code: 75237
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
Driver, Non Commercial
OVERVIEW:Drivers are required to operate delivery trucks (box) to pick up and deliver product to and from the customers work site. May also be required to pick up and deliver equipment or material between branches.
- Observing that all returns are handled properly and that the trucks are empty when they are parked.
- Complete paperwork on the log book, complete pretrip paperwork and write down any problems at check in and trucks must be kept clean at all times.
- Returned products should be reported immediately to the transportation manager.
- Make sure trucks, dock, stay cleaned.
- Finish tasks, make sure everything within your scope of responsibilities is completed before you leave every day.
- Require to follow all GMP’s, safety regulation and DOT Regulation.
- Responsible for working until relieved by transportation manager. This may require working longer than schedule work hours.
- Candidate must posse’s good knowledge of city roadways and has experience with operation of delivery vehicles.
- The ability to lift and move up to 100 pounds and knowledge of safety procedure for securing and transportation cargo essential.
- Responsible for Food Safety (temperature, HACCP. sanitation, sanitary conditions, foreign object control and allergens).
- Responsible for Food Quality (specifications, grade, portion size, trim levels, texture, color and age).
- Basic reading and writing skills.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must pass DOT regulation
- Minimum of 6 months experience in transportation.
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Interacts well with others. Good team player.
- Must be flexible to changing procedures/ priorities.
- Must be able to tolerate cold conditions.
- Must be quick and agile.
- Strong logical reasoning skills
- Strong understanding of safe work practices.
- Customerservice oriented
- Must be able to work independently, while also working within a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Detail oriented.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- Ability to work in 30 degree temperature for long period of times and Freezer Dept -18 degrees.
- Ability to stand long period of times.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lb. boxes.
- Ability to bend and twist when loading and unloading.
- Ability to read specification sheets that come down the line for different orders.
Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas of 30 degrees. These areas are cold and wet, and exposure to moving machinery and sharp objects are a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area. Must pass company drug test and background.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat of Dallas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time