Company: Newport Meat Southern California
Zip Code: 92606
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Newport Meat Southern California
Brief Description of Job:
Responsible for management of direct and indirect reports within the meat department. Contributes to establishing policies and procedures for overall company operation. Responsible for financial and non-financial of the department
- Manage cutting room operations and product flow
- Manage cutting yields, product specification, and deadlines for production readiness
- Manage training, coaching, development, and administration of cutting room employees. Complete evaluation according to guidelines
- Scheduling of cutting room employees and operating department within budgetary requirements. Manage labor cost and maintain appropriate staffing level for business volume
- Ensure company policies, procedures, safety guidelines and regulatory requirements are followed by all direct and indirect reports
- Participate as part of management team to develop and administer business strategy, company policy and company direction
- Work in 38-42 degree environment for entire shift
- Bilingual Spanish Preferred
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand and walk frequently, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and to talk, see and hear.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet cold and/or humid conditions and slippery environment. Exposed to potentially hazardous chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Newport Meat Southern California is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time