Company: FreshPoint Denver
Zip Code: 80216
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At FreshPoint, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. As a Sysco owned company, we provide the benefits and resources of a fortune 100 enterprise with a real family feel.
Opportunity is knocking! At FreshPoint we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great meal - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embodies FreshPoint. FreshPoint is a leader in selling, marketing and distributing produce, dairy and other food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Receiver unloads incoming trucks in a timely manner ensuring the integrity of the product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Physically inspects product for weight, condition, temperature, and quality.
- Tags all products with a slot label and places it in the correct slot location.
- Prepares cooler (dropped, leveled-off, down-stacked, organized, and clean of debris) and inspects coolers for damaged and poor quality product.
- Prepares coolers for next shift.
- Good attendance and adherence to the work schedule. May be required to work overtime.
- Follow all SQF principles pertinent to your position as specified by the SQF Practitioner.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned by Receiving Manager, Warehouse Manager or designee.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Electric pallet jack experience preferred.
- Ability to properly stack trucks.
- Ability to work with others in a professional manner
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent and one year related experience (produce experience preferred).
- Frequent lifting of product up to 50 lbs. during the shift, infrequent lifting up to 80 lbs.
- Must be able to climb on and off the box of the truck
- Frequent bending, squatting, pushing, and pulling
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Combination of Warehouse and outside environments.
- Must work in extreme temperatures ranging from extreme cold to extreme hot.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Freshpoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time