This position is responsible for all aspects of Inventory control - tracking all product coming in and out of the plant(s), age on product and rotation of product. This position supports 3 locations Buckhead Meat NE, Buckhead Meat New England and Trinity Seafood. Home Office is located in Lakewood NJ. Travel is limited (10%) but required as needed.
- Manage and assist with daily receiving of all product. (Trinity)
- Establish and maintain controls for managing inventory, including directing and performing cycle counts and/or monthly physical inventory counts.
- Responsible for the daily adjustment and accuracy of fresh and frozen inventory
- Follow up on any inaccuracies in inventory. Analysis of root causes for inventory discrepancies, create and communicate action plans to prevent future discrepancies.
- Run and verify cycle counts for three locations.
- Measure and report on KPIs related to inventory management. Work cross functionally to communicate root causes for discrepancies and to develop solutions for lower DSOs.
- Communicate to merchandising any products that are over-shipped or under-shipped through the PO/Receiving process.
- Analyze Proof of Delivery and determine whether a freight claim should be filed against the Carrier based on its legal requirements. File freight claims through 3rd party software packages where applicable
- Coordinate all special processing of inventory including return to vendor shipments and performing other related tasks.
- Maintain, develop, and implement procedures that ensure the highest levels of inventory accuracy are achieved while minimizing the amount of shrink incurred.
- Review daily inventory reports for possible errors and communicate as appropriate.
- Facilitate inventory variance meetings the week following the End of Month Physical Count and identify the root causes for shrink.
- Investigate, analyze and resolve various requests involving transaction discrepancies as reported and/or requested by Customer Service, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, etc.
- Liaison between Buyers, processing, sales, Operations and Finance
- Work on special projects as needed
- Code creation, code management, management of raw material associations with finished goods.
- Manage yield models, testing and associations with finished goods to raw materials.
- Partner with Food Safety to execute recalls and trace backs.
- Work through Operations to assist FSQA facilitate and quantify 6 raw material audits per day
(5 days a week).
Education and/or Experience:
- Business Degree preferred with 3+ years’ experience in the food production industry, production/operations or;
- equivalent work experience of 5+ years’ experience in Inventory Management / Warehouse /Production environment in the food production industry
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and inter-department staff.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply & divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines and shift priorities as necessary.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions including immediate corrective actions and preventative measures.
- Ability to analyze situations in a critical manner presenting proactive ways rather than reactive solutions.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Follows through on commitments.
- Proficient use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).
- Ability to learn and apply inventory technology software and programs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- This position is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, elevated ambient temperature, moving, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.