Company: Metropolitan Meat Seafood & Poultry
Zip Code: 20785
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Managing the workforce and production of the Meat and Poultry or Seafood processing departments efficiently, profitability and in the best interest of Sysco (Metropolitan Poultry, Meat & Seafood Company).
The Production Supervisor will be responsible for managing the processing department workforce, which includes but is not limited to discipline, employee evaluations and departmental meetings.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Responsible for completing the weekly packaging profit and loss statement.
- Operate an electric pallet jack safely and efficiently. Up keep is the responsibility of the operator.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the inventory.
- Make adjustments on invoices.
- Responsible for the assistance of Meat, Poultry & Seafood processing duties including cutting, packaging, printing labels, feeding, pulling, etc.
- Assist in various inventory control functions, including proper stocking and rotation.
- Perform other tasks as requested by department manager and upper management.
- Responsible for working until relieved by manager. This may require working longer than your scheduled work hours.
- Working some weekends is required.
- Good attendance and adherence to work schedule.
- Adherence to all good manufacturing practices, company policies and food safety and quality assurance procedures.
Experience Required: (essential functions are in bold)
- Ability to manage a production department.
- Ability to manage people.
- Previous processing experience required.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to perform work assignments at an acceptable productivity level.
- Previous pallet jack experience required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Moving of product up to 60lbs during the shift, infrequent moving of 80lbs.
- Bending and stooping during the shift.
- Prolonged standing or walking during the shift.
Basic Education Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or 5 YRS Foodservice sales experience.
Preferred Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts
- Must be proficient in basic computer functions (i.e. Outlook, check email on daily basis and use calendar).
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Basic Aspen Canopy knowledge.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Metropolitan Meat Seafood & Poultry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time