Customer Service Representative
Company: FreshPoint Oklahoma City
Location: US-OK-Oklahoma City
Zip Code: 73111
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. As a Sysco owned company, we provide the benefits and resources of a fortune 100 enterprise with a real family feel.
The Customer Service / Inside Sales Representative will maintain and increase market share by satisfying customer needs and meeting management objectives.
- Vice President of Sales
- Account Coordinator Manager
- Produce Specialists
- Department Managers
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify customer needs and satisfy them profitably
- Receive incoming calls from customers; key orders into AS400
- Handle calls from drivers (i.e. issues on route, delays, and coordinate pickups at produce companies)
- Extract and verify orders from electronic order system and voicemail
- Maintain existing customer base through effective customer service skills
- Foster solid working relationships with other departments
- Follow through with customer requests
- Maintain the policy / price books and Excel sheet
- Introduce new items to customers
- Up sell products when appropriate
- Provide back up for all jobs falling under the Customer Service Department when necessary
- Perform any other duties as requested by Customer Service Manager
- Adherence to attendance policy and work schedule
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- A high school diploma or GED
- One (1) year customer service or sales experience
- One (1) year experience in data-entry preferred
- One (1) year experience in the restaurant/hospitality industry preferred
- AS400, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel preferred
- General understanding of distribution and warehousing procedures preferred
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in a positive manner, follow through on directions and organize effectively to satisfy the customers’ needs
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
The Physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, and sit for extended periods and perform repetitive movements in wrists and arms on a frequent basis. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work is typically performed indoors in a climate controlled office environment at a desk or table requiring sitting, standing and stooping; and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The employee is occasionally exposed to congested and high traffic areas and moving mechanical parts and vehicles, including but not limited to forklifts, single pallet jacks, electric walk behind jacks, and hand carts. The employee is periodically exposed to varying climates with temperatures ranging from zero to ninety-five degrees Fahrenheit.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Freshpoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time