Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Zip Code: 99501
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This is a quality assurance position responsible for inspecting product to identify quality issues and assisting with product repacking as needed.
Overtime hours, working weekends and holidays, and starting at various early morning start times may be required in order to successfully meet operational needs.
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to operate warehouse power equipment.
- Ability to interact with others in a professional manner.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- General understanding of the shipping procedures of a high volume warehouse operation.
- Solid understanding of produce varieties handled in a wholesale operation.
Essential Duties: (essential functions are in bold)
- Conduct daily walk-through of assigned coolers to check quality of product and identify any quality issues. Check dates of product for proper product rotation by date. Remove any distressed product, determine what product needs reworking and what product should be discarded.
- Rework all distressed/damaged products
- Communicate quality issues to buyers, management, and associates. Report all lost product or transfers.
- Assure that all inventory is properly blocked and labeled. Assist in inventory counts.
- Instructs handlers in proper method of loading trucks. All product loaded must be transported without damage
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Attend all required company meetings and trainings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- A minimum of two (2) years related experience.
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations.
- Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check, Physical Abilities Test) .
- Knowledge of produce industry.
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Managing Work
- Building Trust
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time