Company: FreshPoint Dallas
Zip Code: 75244
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. At FreshPoint, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! If you want an opportunity to join a company focused on healthy living, environmental stewardship, and growing not only produce but your career, then read on and find what’s waiting for you at FreshPoint.
The Repack Associate is responsible for efficiently grading product for quality control and preparing product for shipment by repacking into smaller increments. This position requires working until end-of-shift until all product is accurately packed and loaded. Overtime hours and working weekends and holidays are required in order to successfully fill customers’ orders. Position is Monday - Friday 5am - finish or Tuesday - Saturday 5am - finish. Job requires working in areas with temperature and humidity variations based on local weather conditions, and on selecting environment (Dry, Cooler, and Freezer).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Cleans repack room at the beginning of the shift.
· Labels product to be shipped.
· Packages items and prepares them for shipment.
· Grades product for quality control.
· Pulls orders from warehouse based on manifest.
· Repacks cases into smaller increments (i.e. 5-10lb. units)
· Stacks boxes.
· Stock items.
· Inspects product and ensures that it meets acceptable quality standards.
· Follows all safety rules and regulations.
· Good attendance and adherence to the work schedule. May be required to work overtime.
· Follow all SQF principles pertinent to your position as specified by the SQF Practitioner.
· Perform other tasks, as assigned by Day Warehouse Manager or designee.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Proven ability to communicate and perform simple arithmetic.
· Knowledge of produce a plus.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred
· Ability to understand verbal instructions in English.
· Previous experience in a repack facility or warehouse a plus.
· Frequent lifting of product up to 50 lbs. during the shift, infrequent lifting up to 80 lbs.
· Frequent bending, squatting, pushing, and pulling.
· Must be able to stand in one place for long period of time
· Exciting promotions and opportunities to increase your income
· Personal and career growth
· Friendly and supportive work environment
· A stable growing company
· Medical, dental, vision, prescription plans
· Life and Disability insurance coverage
· 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase, Employee Assistance programs
· Pre-tax savings opportunities
· Discounts and other perks that come with being a Sysco associate
· Check out www.syscobenefits.com/careers for more information
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Freshpoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time