Company: Trinity Seafood
Zip Code: 08701
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Use hand or hand tools to perform routine scaling and trimming of seafood.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Must have working knowledge of seafood production equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and scale all types of whole fish in accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to reduce processing costs by cutting and sizing portions accurately with good yields
- Clean, scrape, trim fish for future processing.
- Weigh fish and tag containers for weight, contents and customer name
- Separate fish and byproducts into specified containers and seal containers.
- Prepare raw materials for further processing
- Ensure that all product specifications are being met according to guidelines.
- Ensure compliance of all company policies, procedures and safety guidelines.
- Perform duties quickly to meet all deadlines imposed.
- Maintain cleanliness of cut room, ensure work area is free of debris and abides by company safety policy.
- Follow FDA requirements for the processing and production of Fresh/Frozen seafood
- Complete other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Responsible for following and maintaining company policies regarding employee handbook and corporate policies.
Skills Needed: Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Work independently, be reliable, responsible, dependable
- Demonstrated ability to interact with others.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at once.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals.
- Demonstrated commitment to work until job is completed
- Customer-service oriented
- Ability to read, comprehend and carry out simple instructions.
The work environment is cold (between the 35-45 degrees) and while performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle objects, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or move items up to 25-80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. May frequently be required to work OT (including weekends/days off)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Trinity Seafood is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time