Outside Sales Representative - Fresno
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: FreshPoint Central California
Zip Code: 12345
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This position will be based out of Fresno, CA.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Sell Produce and to maintain a professional image and attitude toward all business relationships.
- Employee must pass a background check, pre-employment post offer drug screen and lifting test
- Must be able to communicate well with others.
- Proficient in basic computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Education or experience to fulfill the essential functions and responsibilities with a minimum of 6 months sales experience or equivalent experience. Proven ability to demonstrate success using suggestive selling techniques
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while handling multiple tasks & professional relationships with ease and efficacy.
- Ability to perform duties while standing and walking for periods of time
- Must possess basic knowledge of produce, dairy/grocery products & culinary industry
- A minimum of twelve (12) months previous sales (or culinary) experience strongly preferred.
- No DUI or serious driving offenses – clean MVR/ three (3) year driving history.
- Must own and be willing to use reliable transportation with personal vehicle insurance coverage limits of at least $100,000/$300,000/$100,000 in your name. Defensive driving course will be required upon hire.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a complete understanding of the distribution capabilities of FreshPoint as it relates to the Foodservice Division.
- Develop a complete understanding of all products distributed by the Foodservice Sales Division.
- Develop and maintain new accounts in the foodservice sector.
- Communicate regularly with all departments within company (Accounting, Operations, Transportation, and Purchasing) to assist in meeting all retail sales goals.
- Cross train with inside Foodservice Customer Service Reps to gain complete understanding of order process and the critical role played by those individuals.
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled FreshPoint sales meetings.
- Attend and participate in FreshPoint or customer sponsored events, including weekends.
- Develop quality professional working relationships with key account personnel.
- Maintain concise reports of all facility visits and communicate any critical issues to appropriate FreshPoint staff.
- Maintain and foster relationships with vendors, various commodities and boards.
- Drive in a safe manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Works primarily outside driving to potential and current customer facilities, in the office at FreshPoint, and in the warehouse
- Schedule to be determined
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time