Company: SYGMA - Denver
Zip Code: 80238
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Responsible for managing the activities associated with warehouse operations including shipping and receiving of goods according to established company standards, managing order selection, order loading, product stocking and replenishment, operations equipment and software inventory maintenance and repair; ensuring safety and security of the warehouse and providing management and direction to warehouse staff; may oversee building maintenance and repairs associated with the upkeep of warehouse and office space, to include refrigeration equipment and fire protection systems.
- Manages the daily work and safety of associates engaged in the management and supervision of order selection, product replenishment, and order loading, to include all warehouse functions, selectors, loaders and forklift operators.
- Manages labor hours and consumable supplies within budget and processes weekly payroll and warehouse performance reports. Prepares work schedules including extra work days and shifts as needed.
- Manages the proper utilization of Company assets in support of the warehouse. Coordinates required repairs with proper departments as necessary (e.g. ensures security, maintenance and repair of maintenance equipment and physical building).
- Reviews warehouse functions and various warehouse productivity reporting (e.g. financials, inventory levels, receiving, over/under stock issues, quality issues). Develops action plans to meet financial plan (e.g. efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures, labor changes) and implements changes within the warehouse. Identifies problems, proposes solutions to other members of management and promotes cooperation with other departments.
- Conducts shipping and loading audits daily ensuring all required documentation is accurately completed (including HAACP, food safety and SOPs).
- Assist with the training of new associates, including cross training of existing associates.
- Complies with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (e.g. OSHA, BRC, FDA, USDA); Assists with monitoring sanitation and facility/racking damage to ensure a safe and clean warehouse by performing daily sanitation and safety inspections.
- Interprets, trains and consistently enforces company policies, protocols and procedures including but not limited to food safety, record keeping, protocols, safety procedures (food safety, safety observations, etc.)
- Communicates with Transportation and Customer Service teams to collaboratively resolve any product or loading opportunities or issues.
- Completes and maintains all required reports and documents (e.g. CMPs, payroll, food safety and OSHA reports).
- Maintains positive associate relations through regular department or pre-shift meetings; keeps open communication channels with associates by having daily dialogs, answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale and submits and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Works with Safety Manager to aid in training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes, and routine safety inspections; Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where required.
- Performs management functions of staff selection, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works outside of the normal schedule as required to meet workload demands. Performs the duties of associates supervised and other related duties as needed (and as qualified).
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, general education degree (GED), or equivalent degree; and two to four years of warehouse experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Two or Four year college degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or similar major preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from SYGMA within 3 months.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of: Food Safety rules and regulations; preferred work methods and standard operating procedures; spreadsheet software and word processing software.
- Skill in: making independent decisions in support of company policies and procedures in a timely manner.
- Ability to: successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings; solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form; apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner; work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations; manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues; to learn SYGMA technology software and programs; read, comprehend, write and speak English: add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals: read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, or governmental regulations; write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts. The associate works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call. The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other Distribution Centers or the Corporate office as business needs dictate (e.g. training, meetings). The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Jason Norton at 614-734-2244
or by email at email@example.com
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
SYGMA - Denver is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time