Company: Buckhead Meat Northeast
Zip Code: 08837
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
This position monitors activity along all packaging lines. Also directs movement of finished products out of the facility. Directly supervises packing associates.
This position reports directly to the Production Manager. Employees receive a copy of Buckhead Meat’s organizational reporting structure at time of hire.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Each employee is responsible for the food safety and quality of our products.
▪ Monitor and supervise all personnel assigned to packaging.
▪ Develop and train new personnel.
▪ Direct packing efforts as needed.
▪ Ensure that all products leaving for packaging are cut and packed to specification and properly labeled.
▪ Ensure that all product specifications are being met according to guidelines.
▪ Maintain work areas in compliance with HACCP and Sysco Corp. guidelines.
▪ Maintain profitability by monitoring product yields and meeting deadlines for product readiness.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
▪ Identify potential marketable by-products and production opportunities.
▪ Perform other duties as assigned.
▪ Know and understand the company’s safety, food safety, and health goals and their objectives. Assist the company in achieving these goals by participating in the safety program.
▪ Help develop and follow all safe work practices.
▪ Report all non-compliances, accidents, injuries or illnesses to supervisor immediately.
• Must have 5 years experience in food service meat cutting and packing
• Must be computer literate
• Must be able to multitask
• Bi-lingual strongly preferred.
• Familiarity with “Just in time” manufacturing practices
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat Northeast is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time