Director, National Multiunit Sales, Seafood
Company: SSMG Corporate Role
Zip Code: 77070
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 6
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Job Title: Director, Seafood Business Development
Department: Sysco Specialty Meat & Seafood Group
Reports To: SSMC – Vice President, Business Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared Date: June, 2019
Summary: To develop and lead the National Account sales plan for the Seafood category utilizing SSMC to serve our customer’s needs, and to act as the liaison for the integration of SSMC into Enterprise wide Seafood initiatives. To support SSMC capabilities as a Seafood solution for our customers in order to drive sustainable sales and gross profit growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a tactical Fresh Seafood category sales plan that includes implementation at the SSMC level in order to drive profitable sales.
- Coordinate the development of the tactical sales plan through collaboration with the SMS Sr. Director– Seafood and SSMC VP of Business Development. The category strategy developed through insights will be the key driver of the planning process.
- Manage and drive the activities of the sales plan for the seafood category with a focus on the Portico Brand.
- Develop dynamic relationships with SSMC Seafood Presidents and/or key seafood personnel, Corporate SMS Seafood team, and CMU team to identify customer and product opportunities to drive profitable growth.
- Coordinate weekly with Corporate Seafood and with SSMC VP Business Development in CMU to brainstorm on ideas, challenges, promotions, buying opportunities, new products, etc.
- Lead Seafood category sales on regional/national CMU business by actively engaging with SMS, SSMC and CMU teams.
- Coordinate with the CMU team to identify key Multi-unit targets for Seafood sales….and develop strategies to land those accounts.
- Develop and manage funnel for CMU New business target list. Report and track status monthly.
- Develop programs for multi-unit contracts relative to seafood in coordination with SSMC and SMS Corporate Seafood team.
- Win consensus with all stakeholders impacted by programs, and gain bid approval from SSMC VP Business Development (products, pricing, margins, logistics, conference allowances, etc).
- Prioritize areas of focus based on needs and communicate to SSMC leadership and SMS in weekly calls.
- Provide pertinent and timely fresh market information to the field - monitor market trends, communicate necessary market info through corporate communication vehicles and use market data in the planning process.
- Represent the SSMC group at key shows: NRA, FARE, Boston Seafood Show, etc.
- Develop and promote Portico fresh seafood items based on customer needs in coordination with SMS Seafood and SSMC Seafood to drive national solutions
- Assist SSMCs in new OpCo rollouts.
- Track and review each SSMC’s sales numbers with their respective Operating companies….identify priority areas for seafood sales expansion…and help the seafood group drive higher sales.
- Review all SSMC Seafood company’s sales and P&L’s weekly and share any insight
- Drive coordination of supply chain for National Accounts to drive the best value for Sysco and Service for our Customers.
- Participate in strategy ideation to maximize our Seafood presence or footprint nationally, sourcing leverage, or market share in Seafood across the Sysco Enterprise.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum 6 years experience in Sysco Merchandising/marketing/sales at an Operating Company, SSMC or Corporate, or a combination or equivalent industry experience in the Seafood Category.
- Minimum undergraduate degree or equivalent related industry experience
- Must be effective at presenting to groups and communicating a business plan
- Experienced in interpreting significant amounts of data, reports and analysis in order to turn it into action steps to achieve goals
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills to apply in communications with business partners, the field, and internal departments
- Ability to plan, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Must have attention to detail with proven follow-up skills
- Performs independently as well in team environment
Language Skills: Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with others.
Mathematical Skills: Must have good math skills with strong analytical capability in order to interpret data.
Technical Skills: Proficient with MS Office, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to sit and operate a computer and a phone for extended periods of time.
- Some travel (approx 35% or higher) required for Customer, Operating company, and SSMC business.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
SSMG Corporate Role is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time