Company: European Imports
Location: US-IL-Arlington Heights
Zip Code: 60005
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Accounts Payable Clerk
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under general supervision, reconcile vendor invoices, resolve billing problems or issues with appropriate departments and process them for payments.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform reconciliation of vendor invoices to purchase orders and schedule for payment taking advantage of discount terms.
- Handle supplier research and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Process high volume of payments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Separate and scan invoices.
- Adhere to all applicable GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), personal hygiene, and SQF (Safe Quality Food) policies and procedures as described in the European Imports – Sysco Food Safety Training Manual.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
General working conditions – exposed to adverse conditions 5% or less of time.
General supervision is received from Accounting Manager.
- High school education or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is required.
- 2 - 3 years of accounting experience desired.
- Excellent accuracy, organization, problem-solving and communication skills are required.
- Ability to utilize a keyboard to enter, retrieve and manipulate data and proficiency with 10 key is required.
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Lee Gersch at 847-979-7650
or by email at email@example.com
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time