Key Account Manager
Company: Gilchrist & Soames
Zip Code: 08873
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
More information about this job:
This position will primarily nurture and strengthen long-term relationships with current accounts within their assigned book of business. This position is focused on establishing and maintaining strong relationships with all stakehoulders at the account involved in the amenities purchasing decision process. The Key Account Manager employs a diverse set of tactics in order to monitor account risk, develop retention plans, increase customer spend, renew/extend contracts, and provide superior customer service.
This position will be based out of the Gil
- Manages relationships with Key customer accounts/Regional Groups, regularly engaging with all customer stakeholders involved in the amenities purchasing decision process.
- Actively monitors accounts at risk of attrition and develop customer-specific retention plans.
- Proactively identifies and capitalizes on opportunities to increase customer spend at existing accounts.
- Drives price increases and contract renewals, including RFP processes at times.
- Markets Gilchrist & Soames collections and proactively converts customers to more profitable product lines.
- Maintains meaningful proactive communication with all customer accounts, identifying and regularly delivering industry knowledge capital of interest to customers.
- Provides superior customer service, maintains customer data, and keeps detailed, accurate records of all communication to Gilchrist & Soames clients utilizing Salesforce (CRM).
- Proactively monitors customer purchasing trends.
- Supervises and manages inventory on all custom programs, communicates to clients and internal departments all forecast trends to contract specifications.
- Plans trips, and travels to visit customer accounts as needed to maximize retention and growth (travel up to 50%).
- Participates on project teams, communicates cross-functionally with internal departments, and performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal skills that build rapport and trust.
- Ability to connect with a wide range of client stakeholders, up to the corporate level.
- Desire to maximize earnings and grow book of business.
- Knowledge of various sales methods and techniques
- Exceptional communicator, oral and written.
- Pleasant and professional telephone presence.
- Charismatic, warm, friendly personality.
- Detailed oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Proficient with basic computer hardware and software (Word, Excel and CRM Programs).
- Works well under pressure and balances multiple tasks.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years of successful sales or account management experience, including at least 2 years in a role requiring face-to-face visits to clients.
- Proven history of growing a book of business.
- Proven experience managing multiple accounts/customers simultaneously.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience managing customer relationships from a remote setting.
- Experience with multiple customer trip planning, and traveling up to 2 weeks per month.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Gilchrist & Soames is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time