Company: Buckhead Meat Northeast
Zip Code: 08837
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 10 +
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
The Maintenance Manager position oversees the maintenance of the facility and manages all maintenance technicians. This includes all production and packaging equipment, all building systems, and all refrigeration systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages and establishes preventative maintenance programs for production equipment and other major building systems.
- Proactive identification of maintenance opportunities.
- Oversees the activities of all maintenance staff on a day to day basis to ensure that the are being completed in a timely manner.
- Conducts daily and weekly meetings with maintenance staff and management.
- Schedules and obtains bids for capital improvement projects.
- Assists in the research of new equipment and the development of new processing lines as needed.
- Collaborate with senior management to develop and administer business strategy, company policy, and company direction.
- Collaborates with senior management to establish an equipment replacement schedule.
- Responsible for overall maintenance and repair budget.
- Manage hiring, training, coaching, development, and administrative support of maintenance employees including scheduling of associates and controlling overtime.
- Work with safety specialist to drive a safety culture and use the company’s disciplinary policy to enforce safe work practices.
- Ensure Occupational Health and Safety Act, HAACP, and Sysco Corporate Policy compliance. Promote and support Food Safety compliance, FDA Compliance, GFCI, and SQF certification.
- Champion goals and objectives around Food Safety Compliance to increase profitability and decrease liability on a continual basis.
- Participate in business events both in-house and at offsite facilities
- Maintains the security surveillance system.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the spare parts inventory.
- Coordinates with used equipment dealers in the sale of obsolete equipment.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by management.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of High School Diploma
- 10 years production and maintenance experience in the meat processing industry
- Experience with Industrial Freon HVAC Systems
- HVAC certification preferred
- PLC Controller experience
- Multivac packaging equipment experience
- Experience with Marel equipment and Inova Software preferred
- Hazmat certified / CPR trained
- Must act with a sense of urgency
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all departments
- Intermediate/Proficient computer skills
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals
- Commitment to work until job is completed
- Interacts well with others
- Must be flexible to changing procedures/ priorities
- Strong logical reasoning skills
- Strong understanding of safe work practices
- Results, detail, and customer-service oriented
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of company data or files.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred, but not required
- Must be able to
- Prior experience managing personnel in a union environment helpful
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; see; talk; hear; walk; use hands to handle objects, or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to lift and/or move items up to 50-100 pounds occasionally. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. Normal levels of eyesight and hearing after correction. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs. Standing, stooping and climbing are occasional activities for this employee. Physical strength to lift and maneuver 50-100 pounds on occasion.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat Northeast is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time