Company: Buckhead Meat Northeast
Zip Code: 08837
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
- Complete preventive maintenance on all equipment and machinery within the plant, as noted in the equipment manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Visually inspect and test machinery to detect malfunction. Communicate equipment problems to operations staff as needed. Ensure lock out, tag out procedures in use.
- Building maintenance and lighting (plumbing repair, changing lamps & ballasts, light remodeling, etc.).
- Diagnose problems and dismantle defective machines and equipment and install new or repaired parts, following the specifications set forth in blueprints, manuals and schematic drawings.
- Repair/Replace electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Set up and ‘Break-down’ of Food Processing equipment at close of work day.
- Work afternoon/evening shift from Tuesday to Friday and Saturday mornings.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Equipment Maintenance – Able to perform routine preventative maintenance on equipment and determining what kind of corrective maintenance is needed.
- Possess or develop understanding of meat processing plants (meat, poultry, and/or fish) and knowledge of how interdependent equipment works within the applications is a plus
- Troubleshooting – Able to determine causes of operating errors and decide on most effective and efficient course of action to repair them.
- Repairing – Ability to work on equipment or systems using various types of hand tools, power tools, measuring and testing instruments, etc.
- Refrigeration - Have enough knowledge of refrigeration to start and stop evaporators as necessary. Any EPA Refrigeration Cert. is a plus.
- Vacuum Packaging – Experience with Multivac packaging machines a plus.
- Food Processing Equip.- Experience with Food Processing equipment a plus
- Tool Use and Organization - Maintain tools and maintenance equipment in working order and keep maintenance room and work areas in neat condition.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Two-years of technical trade or equivalent experience. Course work or prior work experience with troubleshooting, installing, and/or repairing electrical/pneumatic/embedded controllers/industrial machines.
- Must have mechanical aptitude with ability to use tools to maintain equipment.
- Knowledge of electrical components and understanding of electrical current flow. Ability to identify and troubleshoot the same.
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
- Must be a steady, reliable worker.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at once.
- Must be able to analyze many variables and choose the most effective course of action given the particular situation. Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Manual physical dexterity sufficient to use hand tools and power tools.
- Ability to read, comprehend and carry out simple instructions from oral instructions or written correspondence.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle objects, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or move items up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat Northeast is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time