Company: Buckhead Meat of Dallas
Zip Code: 75237
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Travel Percentage: 0
Inventory Control Manager
This is a Finance position responsible for controlling the day-to-day operations of the Inventory Control functions, which includes performing cycle counts of the warehouse inventory, conducting investigations of suspected out-of-balance items and making corrections to the inventory based upon that research, coordinating all special processing of inventory including return to vendor shipments and performing other related tasks.
Primary areas of responsibility
- Manage the inventory control, driver check-in and quality assurance functions effectively and directs staff to identify and resolve variance, and potential variances, to achieve an accurate perpetual inventory count and protect company assets
- Maintain, develop, and implement procedures that ensure the highest levels of inventory accuracy are achieved while minimizing the amount of shrink incurred
- Manage the driver check-in function ensuring that all dues are collected and deposited intact and in a timely manner, all obligations are accounted for and imaged, and all obligation adjustments are accurately made in a time manner
- Review daily inventory reports for possible errors and reports information to Finance, Operations, and Merchandise departments
- Organize and facilitate shrink meetings and identify the root causes for shrink
- Participate in the hiring and training of inventory associates
- Responsible for performance management and development of inventory associates
- Manage the Product Recall process
- Ensure that the Company is HACCP compliant
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Must be properly trained and licensed in the operation of powered industrial equipment as appropriate
- HACCP Certification required
3 to 5 years inventory control management and supervisory experience required.
- Strong PC skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Database concepts
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of an organization
- Must have exemplary listening skills to facilitate effective two-way communication
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat of Dallas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time