Outside Sales Representative - Nashville, TN
Company: FreshPoint Nashville
Zip Code: 37210
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
More information about this job:
At FreshPoint, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. As a Sysco owned company, we provide the benefits and resources of a fortune 100 enterprise with a real family feel.
Opportunity is knocking! At FreshPoint we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great meal - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embodies FreshPoint. FreshPoint is a leader in selling, marketing and distributing produce, dairy and other food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Maintain and increase market share by satisfying customer needs and meeting management objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain new accounts in assigned territory.
- Identify customer needs and satisfy them profitably.
- Maintain existing customer base through effective customer service skills.
- Identify lost/split customers and inform manager.
- Follow through with customer requests.
- Maintain open communications with other Marketing Associates.
- Introduce new items to customers.
- Up-sell product in excess inventory.
- Input orders into computer system when necessary.
- Attend sales meetings as required.
- Submit all required sales reports.
- Strictly Adhere to both Food safety policies and safety policies. ( Cross contamination, sample delivery, Transportation policy)
- Report all injuries or wrong doings to supervision.
- Adherence to attendance policy and work schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- General understanding of distribution and warehousing procedures preferred.
- One (1) year experience in a sales related position, preferably produce or food distribution desired.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in a positive manner, follow through on directions and organize effectively to satisfy the customers’ needs.
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to work with all levels within the organization
- Maintain auto insurance limits within Sysco Pooling Requirements
- Ability to work rotating Saturdays
- Maintain acceptable MVR
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school degree or equivalent, bachelor’s preferred
80% travel (local; in-town). Bending, twisting, turning, climbing and lifting of 21-50 pounds delivering product to customers. Continual driving.
Works primarily outside driving to potential and current customer facilities.
Works inside warehouse as needed.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Freshpoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time