Company: Buckhead Meat and Seafood of Ohio
Zip Code: 43619
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Monday – Friday 10:45 a.m. start time ¨ Full-time position ¨ $12.00/hour starting wage
Be a part of a dynamic organization by working for one of Sysco’s specialty meat companies where we provide custom-cut fresh steaks and other meat, seafood and poultry, giving customers dependable quality, selection and freshness.
We offer vacation/sick time, medical/dental benefits, a generous 401K plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Program, product discounts, and more!
In this fast-paced environment, you will transfer meat to packing machines as well as box the finished product. This job will keep you busy from start to finish.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manually pack meat from holding containers into machine and also packing from machine into boxes according to instructions
- Reading, writing and basic math skills needed to read tickets and process special requests
- Ability to identify cuts and types of meat for visual inspection of quality
- Identify packaging quality issues and have them corrected
- Good attendance and adherence to work schedule.
- Each employee is responsible for the food safety and quality of our products and for reporting food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action (managers, supervisors, QA)
- Adherence to all Good Manufacturing Practices, Company Policies, Code of Conduct and Safety procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to work safely with machinery
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Standing, stooping, bending and reaching are regular activities
- Must exhibit a required level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform requirements of the position
- Able to work in a cold/wet environment
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat and Seafood of Ohio is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time