Seafood Production Manager
Company: Metropolitan Meat Seafood and Poultry
Zip Code: 20785
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Responsible for the direction, coordination and overall management of Seafood production, workforce, packaging and warehouse functions of the operation, including but not limited to Seafood processing department’s efficiency, profitability and in the best interest of Sysco (Metropolitan Poultry, Meat & Seafood Company). Additionally, the Production Manager will be responsible for managing the processing department workforce, which includes but is not limited to scheduling, discipline, employee evaluations and departmental meetings.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Analyze and streamline the production processes.
- Responsible for production, packaging and warehouse operations and workforce.
- Ensure company Policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure product specifications are established and maintained.
- Ensure production goals and income are met or exceeded.
- Responsible for completing and managing budget.
- Create and drive a proper culture of Safety and Food Safety
- Ensure Occupational Health and Safety Act, HAACP, and Sysco Corporate Policy compliance. Promote and support Food Safety compliance, FDA Compliance, GFCI, and SQF certification. Champion goals and objectives around Food Safety Compliance to increase profitability and decrease liability on a continual basis.
- Train and promote safe work practices and use observations to check on associate’s work habits. Use the company’s disciplinary policy to enforce safe work practices.
- Responsible for safety of associates in production floor operations.
- Responsible for scheduling, training and support for team leads and associates.
- Responsible for controlling production costs.
- Identify and develop underutilized products and new production opportunities
- Know and understand the company’s safety and health goals and the objectives. Assist the company in achieving these goals by participating in the safety and Food Safety program.
- Operate an electric pallet jack safely and efficiently.
- Demonstrate an expert working knowledge of the inventory.
- Make adjustments on invoices if necessary.
- Responsible for the assistance of Seafood processing duties including receiving, cutting, packaging, printing labels, feeding, pulling, etc.
- Responsible for various inventory control functions, including proper stocking, scanning, rotation, and coordinating of weekly and monthly physical inventories.
- Perform other tasks as requested by department director and upper management.
- Responsible for working until all responsibilities are taken care of, this may require working longer than your scheduled work hours.
- Working some Saturdays is required.
Experience Required: (essential functions are in bold)
- Ability to successfully manage a production department.
- Ability to effectively manage people.
- Previous processing experience required (at least 5 years in seafood).
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to perform work assignments at an acceptable productivity level and evaluate others performance.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Moving of product up to 60lbs during the shift, infrequent moving of 80lbs.
- Bending and stooping during the shift.
- Prolonged standing or walking during the shift.
Basic Education Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 3 years of Seafood Production experience.
Preferred Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts and 5 years of Seafood Production experience.
- Must be proficient in basic computer functions (i.e. Outlook, check email on daily basis and use electronic calendar).
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Metropolitan Meat Seafood and Poultry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time