Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Metro New York
Location: US-NJ-Jersey City
Zip Code: 07305
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Dispatches delivery drivers and provides driver and customer support. Arranges schedules for workers, equipment, and/or service vehicles for the conveyance of materials and products. Maintain communications with all interested parties throughout the delivery process to insure and facilitate the best possible product delivery and service. Update information and systems as required.
This job must be carried out in compliance with all Sysco Corporation Business Conduct and Ethics Standards, policies, and procedures as well as all Federal, State, and Local laws, including the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act of 2002.
- Timely dispatches drivers each morning, assuring that each driver has the correct invoices and all drivers depart terminal in a timely manner.
- Completes Absentee and Tardy Forms. Makes necessary data input into E-Time and ABC pay systems.
- Provides driver and customer support via incoming phone calls to transportation department.
- Maintains Tripmaster records, driver daily record of status records (DOT Logs), and driver Manifest records.
- Designates vehicles according to factors, such as length and purpose of trip, freight, passenger requirements, preference of user, or other factors.
- May makes route adjustments or accommodations for deliveries, based on time of departure, destination, and expected time of return.
- May direct activities of drivers, using two-way radio or other communication and investigate overdue vehicles.
- May confer with customers to expedite or locate missing, misrouted, or delayed routes, or damaged merchandise.
- Maintain record of mileage, fuel used, repairs made, and other expenses. May also coordinate the issue of equipment to drivers, such as hand trucks, dollies, and blankets.
- Other projects and responsibilities, as assigned.
Education and / or Experience:
- High School diploma, General Education Degree (GED), or ability to read, write, and perform mathematics at this level is required.
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, or related field is preferred.
- Commercial Drivers' License (CDL) Class A is preferred, but not required.
- 3-5 years of related work experience in Distribution or Food Service is required.
- Coordination ' Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Critical Thinking ' Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring ' Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Time Management ' Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Active Listening ' Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking ' Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Judgment and Decision Making ' Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Complex Problem Solving ' Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employeewill be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco Metro New York is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time