Outside Sales Representative - Jacksonville
Company: FreshPoint Central Florida
Zip Code: 32809
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
This is an outside sales position responsible for promoting the company's products and services and for building relationships with new and existing accounts. The main focus is to help FreshPoint customers succeed while achieving sales and profit goals established by the company.
- Pay Type: Salaried to Commission
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Travel Percentage: 50%
- Work Location/ Territory: Jacksonville, FL
- The Schedule: May often require working non-traditional hours (evening, weekends and holidays) in order to successfully meet customers’ needs
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop new business, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special objectives within assigned territory.
- Seek and qualify prospects in accordance with Company account stratification goals.
- Research customer business needs and develop a mix of products and service to meet needs.
- Evaluate market trends and recommend products to customers, based on business needs and goals.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, and product uses.
- Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel.
- Drive personal vehicle to customer accounts, conventions, company meetings, etc.
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms.
- Participate in company functions, promotions, customer visits, and customer events.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings.
- Review and analyze daily and weekly sales reports for sales penetration opportunities.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Assist with the training of new employees as requested.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or 5 YRS Foodservice sales experience
- 1-2 years of sales, and/or chef/restaurant management experience, and/or related (Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts) degree
- Basic pc skills, proficiency in excel, experience with Salesforce and MS Outlook
- Reside or willing to relocate to the geographical vicinity of territory
- Valid driver's license with a "clean" driving record (including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 7 years)
- Current automobile insurance with the following limits of liability: Bodily injury - $100,000 each person and $300,000 each accident; property damage - $100,000 is required
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check)
- Ability to read, write, speak English
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts
- 1 year of outside foodservice sales experience
- Restaurant management / chef experience
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Building Trust
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Sales Ability / Persuasiveness
- Managing Work
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint Central Florida is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time