Meat, Seafood, Poultry Packer
Company: Sysco Western Minnesota
Location: US-MN-St Cloud
Zip Code: 56304
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
This position is responsible for the packaging of raw and cooked product as well as miscellaneous Production tasks as assigned. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that all packaging guidelines are met (i.e. correct labels, correct weight in box). This individual will comply with all GMP's as well as ensure that products are safe and meet the quality guidelines.
- Adhere to plant GMP's at all times (re: jewelry, gum, tobacco, coats, boots, etc.)
- Have a positive attitude.
- Be willing to work together with coworkers to get job tasks done.
- Be willing to rotate job tasks throughout the workday.
- Be dressed and prepared for work prior to punching the time clock. Start time is 3:30 p.m. unless altered by management. Know what your assignment is for day and proceed directly to that area and assist in final set up for run.
- Be careful to pack the proper amount of product into each box or bag using a properly tared scale. Double check net weight on label for accuracy. Report all deficiencies immediately
- Ensure that product is labeled properly and that part boxes are being used from freezer and that any part boxes at end of run are properly labeled and stored in freezer in proper area. Report all deficiencies immediately.
- Make boxes for packaging.
- Send packed boxes through metal detector and box taper, label correctly. Report all deficiencies immediately.
- Stack boxes on pallet to correct TI-HI. Ensure that correct box totals are put on the days run sheets.
- Move full pallets of product to freezer.
- Racking frozen product for thawing.
- Clean up work area at break time and at the end of the shift. Return extra boxes, date guns, tape etc. to proper storage area for next use.
- If you are unsure of a procedure, ask production supervisors or production leads before proceeding with task.
- Complete your time tracking for the appropriate projects. Ensure that lot numbers are correct on the time track report.
- Any job as assigned by production supervisors or leads.
- 18+ years of age
- Pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screening, Background Check).
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and conversions to determine amounts and sizes of products needed for orders.
- Basic reading and writing skills.
- 6 months experience in production setting
Education and / or Experience:
- Less than high school education
- Must have accurate paperwork skills.
- Must be able to perform simple math calculations.
- Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes and demonstrates safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly. Uses all required PPE consistently.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch, and talk and hear. The associate must regularly lift and /or move 40-60 pounds, and occasionally lift 70 - 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet, extreme cold and/or humid conditions and slipper/icy environment; moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is constant but is under the OSHA standard. Must be able to work in a cool environment (40 ' 50 degrees) on a regular basis.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time