Spc, DOT Compliance
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Location: US-TX-Houston, US-TX-Cypress
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This position will be based at our Sysco Business Services location at 24500 Northwest Fwy, Cypress, TX 77429
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
The DOT DQF Specialist is responsible for coordinating the qualification of all Sysco Corporation associates who drive commercial motor vehicles in excess of 10,000 pounds. He/she will work closely with operating company transportation, HR and Safety personnel to ensure the timely administration and retention of documents relative to the requirements found in DOT Driver Qualifications, Drug and Alcohol Testing and qualification status of drivers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This individual will be responsible for the following activities:
- Monitor and advise on FMCSA compliance in the administration of all driver drug tests, driver qualification files, and driver qualification status.
- Assist with updates and improvements to the electronic driver qualification system -Origami. Improvement may include reports, dashboard updates and other operating company needs
- Gathers and utilizes data from other departments as needed for report request.
- Acting as key point of contact for operating company DER, Safety, HR and transportation management associates and representing their needs and interests as it related to DQF administrations, Drug and Alcohol Testing and qualification status of drivers.
- Provide support to DER and other DQF users in the use of Origami and the DQF data
- Set up new DQF for USBL driver hires with information received from TA or other third parties that send DQ file information.
- Issue letters of “authorization to drive” on Contingent drivers and other driver files as needed
- Randomly monitor and notify Operating Companies of missing documentation needed in the DQ file. (Dashboards are provided to OpCo’s on this information)
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION /EXPERIENCE:
- HS diploma with 1+ year of experience in DOT compliance relating to Driver Qualification file administration.
- Working knowledge of FMCSA regulations as they pertain to driver qualification files and drug and alcohol testing.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Detail oriented
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite of Applications
- Ability to learn a broad, enterprise-wide view of the business, especially as it relates to safety and compliance
- Experience with information systems pertaining to document and employee management
- Possess an appreciation for processes, capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
- Ability to apply problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to visualize and develop solutions to DQF challenges
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications
- Able to act as liaison conveying needs of the business to information technology teams and system administrators on technology constraints and capabilities
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization
- Proven track record of working under deadlines
- Thinks and acts proactively rather than reactively and plans work accordingly
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- This position will be performed out of Houston Texas.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time