Inbound Forklift Operator
Company: FreshPoint Connecticut
Zip Code: 06114
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. At FreshPoint, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! If you want an opportunity to join a company focused on healthy living, environmental stewardship, and growing not only produce but your career, then
POSITION SUMMARY: The High Lift Stocker is responsible for keeping the floors fully stocked with produce. High Lift Stocker must follow proper rotation duties and place all products received in its appropriate rack.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Rotates all products located in the coolers daily.
- Keeps the coolers free of empty pallets at all times.
- Keeps the floors stocked with product at all times and in a timely manner.
- Keep pallets free of tape, wrap and wires.
- Adheres to all safety rules.
- Good attendance and adherence to the work schedule. May be required to work overtime.
- Follow all SQF principles pertinent to your position as specified by the SQF Practitioner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager, Day/Night Warehouse or designee.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Product knowledge preferred.
- Proven ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work with others in a professional manner.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one year of vigorous forklift / high lift driving experience.
- Frequent lifting of product up to 50 lbs. during the shift, infrequent lifting up to 80 lbs.
- Must be able to climb on and off powered industrial equipment.
- Frequent bending, squatting, pushing, and pulling
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Must be able to continually stand throughout the duration of the scheduled shift
- Combination of Warehouse and outside environments.
- Must work in extreme temperatures ranging from extreme cold to extreme hot.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Freshpoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.