Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
Company: Sysco Central Texas
Location: US-TX-New Braunfels
Zip Code: 78132
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This is an Operations position responsible for managing the activities associated with maintaining the fleet maintenance department. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to; managing the company shop and shop personnel for the maintenance, diagnosis and repair of the Sysco fleet, ensuring safety and security of the shop and fleet, and providing supervision and direction to shop staff. The position is also responsible for administrative duties including parts procurement, inventory management, asset tracking and cost control through maintenance systems and hands on technician support as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the labor hours, daily work and safety of associates engaged in fleet maintenance and repair within budget.
- Performs the duties of Lead Fleet Technician III (Master)
- Supervise parts inventory and consumable supplies within budget. Assist in monitoring work schedules including extra work days and shifts as needed.
- Supervise the proper selection, purchase and utilization of company assets in support of the fleet maintenance department. Coordinates required processes and repairs with proper departments as necessary.
- Executes the proper scheduling of fleet maintenance and repairs; along with compliance of all company programs, including preventive maintenance and inspection of vehicles, non-scheduled maintenance and troubleshooting, repair, rebuild and overhaul of vehicles.
- Assist in fleet maintenance functions and various operational and expense reporting. Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with the implementation of changes within fleet maintenance.
- Conducts audits daily to ensure all required documentation is accurately completed (including all work orders, breakdowns, preventive maintenance logs, pre/post trip inspections, certifications) and that items are installed correctly with a minimum potential for loss.
- Assist in parts inventory issues, required purchase orders based on anticipated needs.
- Follows the fleet services budget and expenses for parts, tools and office supplies.
- Assist Manager with budgets and contracts between third party vendor services to ensure efficient operations.
- Assist Manager with proper licensing of fleet vehicles and annual vehicle/trailer inspections.
- Stays current with technical manuals, literature and technical advancements of the trade as it pertains to company owned vehicles.
- Builds and maintains associate relations through regular department or pre-shift meetings; maintains on-going interaction; keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale; submits and responds to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Executes training and consistently enforces company policies and procedures.
- Assist Safety department to aid in training, associate observations, up-dating preferred work methods, assist with accident investigations to determine root causes, and routine safety inspections.
- Performs the duties of associates supervised and other related duties as needed.
- Ensures accurate and up-dated re-certifications of commercial equipment and CVOR (Canada) are compliant.
- Ensures compliance with all company and safety rules, policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e., OSHA, and DOT).
- Respond to emergency situations to ensure employee and facility safety
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Participate in departmental on-call program, as designated
- Assist with logging time and materials into computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) on a daily basis in the form of work orders, P.M.s, etc.
- Responsible for housekeeping, clean up of all maintenance areas/work areas on a daily basis.
- Maintain all tools and equipment in clean, safe, working order
- Adhere to all safety requirements and wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment required by the job
- Respond to emergency situations to ensure employee and facility safety
- Champion overall safety in the department
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Medium / Heavy Duty truck technical training (2 years) preferred
- 5 years of experience in fleet maintenance and repair
- 1 to 2 years supervisory experience in fleet maintenance; or equivalent combination of education and related experience
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess a valid state Driver’s License meeting Company standards. Complete a Sysco approved defensive driving program. Class A CDL preferred
- Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco within 3 months
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE Certification) preferred
- Working knowledge of diesel engines, refrigeration, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and braking systems required
- Mobile Refrigeration (EPA 608) Core and Type II Certification preferred
- Mobile Air Conditioning (EPA 609) Certification preferred
- Annual Inspector Certification Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Brake Inspector Certification Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of all tools necessary to perform all maintenance repair and diagnostics. Provide own hand tools (diagnostic equipment and major tools provided by Sysco) necessary to perform all maintenance repair and diagnostics
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of, technicians and vendors.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Spreadsheet software and word processing software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software and programs.
- Working knowledge of and Freon refrigeration systems (EPA 608 & 609).
- Knowledge of methods, techniques and procedures involved in repairs and replacement.
- Knowledge of vehicle operations and safety guidelines.
- Proficient in the use of all tools of the trade, shop equipment and power tools including but not limited to jacks, hydraulic lifts, air tools and diagnostic equipment.
- Working knowledge of environmental regulations/legislation and governing bodies.
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments and shifts in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations
- The physical demands described here are a representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and must frequently lift and/or move up to 100lbs.
- The employee is Repair work requires excellent hand and finger dexterity used for wrenches, hand tools and other shop equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in confined spaces. The associate works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call. The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.). The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and confined spaces. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time