Company: SYGMA - Denver
Zip Code: 80238
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Manages and directs the work of up to 25 drivers, helpers and clerical associates.
Please apply directly at: https://www.sygmanetwork.com/Careers.html
Provides support to the Transportation Manager/Director in supervising the activities related to delivery and backhauls. This includes, training and supervising transportation department associates, compliance with government regulations and promoting safety and security of the transportation department.
- Supervises the daily work and safety of Transportation Associates, including adherence to standard operating procedures, Food Safety Standards and preferred work methods, adherence to planned routes, and providing safe and efficient customer service.
- Ensures Transportation Associates’ comply with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. DOT, OSHA, etc.) and ensures that electronic logs are kept current and accurate.
- Supervises labor hours and consumable supplies within budget; prepares work schedules including extra work days and shifts as needed.
- Assists with the training of new associates, including cross training of existing associates.
- Supervises the proper selection and utilization of Company assets in support of the Delivery department; coordinates required repairs with proper departments as necessary.
- Reviews delivery functions and productivity reporting; suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with implementation of delivery changes.
- Interprets, trains and consistently enforces company policies, protocols and procedures including but not limited to food safety, DOT, record keeping, etc.
- Communicates with Warehouse and Customer Service teams to collaboratively resolve any customer or delivery opportunities or issues; visits customer locations and meets with customers to address issues and assess delivery difficulty.
- Maintains positive associate relations through regular department or pre-shift meetings; keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale and submits and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Works with Safety Manager to aid in training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes, and routine safety inspections; makes recommendations for corrective action and/or behavior modification where required.
- Performs management functions of staff selection, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works outside of the normal schedule as required to meet workload demands. Performs the duties of associates supervised and other related duties as needed (and as qualified).
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, general education degree (GED), or equivalent degree; and two to four years transportation experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Two or Four year college degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or similar major preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License is preferred but not required.
- Certificate of DOT regulations training is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of: Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations; DOT rules and regulations; preferred work methods and standard operating procedures; spreadsheet software and word processing software.
- Skill in: making independent decisions in support of company policies and procedures in a timely manner.
- Ability to: successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings; solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form; apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner; work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations; manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues; to learn SYGMA technology software and programs; read, comprehend, write and speak English: add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals: read, analyze and interpret, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; bend; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, push/pull up to 350 pounds using a 2 wheeled hand cart. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in confined spaces. The associate works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call. The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other Distribution Centers or the Corporate office as business needs dictate (e.g. training, meetings). The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Please apply directly at: https://www.sygmanetwork.com/Careers.html
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Katherine Dunham at 614-734-2293
or by email at email@example.com
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time