Company: FreshPoint Dallas
Zip Code: 75244
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. At FreshPoint, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! If you want an opportunity to join a company focused on healthy living, environmental stewardship, and growing not only produce but your career, then read on and find what’s waiting for you at FreshPoint.
Responsible for fielding phone calls in dispatch, creating solutions for customer needs, managing all aspects of second runs - order entry, driver allocation, routing. Monitor route progress throughout the day, reporting delivery information.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High School diploma or G.E.D
2. 1 year experience in dispatch preferred
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Address backhauls and pick-ups
2. Answer telephone calls from customers/ sales – find solutions to issues
3. Manage 2nd Runs – from routing to delivery
4. Monitor delivery progress
5. Record delivery information and transmit via e-mail
6. Address any driver routing concerns and delivery issues.
7. Efficiently coordinate and utilize driving force
8. Must be available to cover varied shifts
9. Participate in a wide variety of special projects.
10. Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, franchisees, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
11. Follow up with internal and external customers timely and as necessary.
12. Comply with and ensure adherence to departmental Preferred Work Methods (PWMs).
13. Conform to all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment.
14. Assume all transportation and safety responsibilities and notify management in the event of an emergency
15. Holiday, Weekend and Overtime work required.
16. Good attendance and adherence to work schedule.
17. Adherence to all Good Manufacturing Practices, Company Policies, Code of Conduct and Safety procedures.
18. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
1. Strong computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, Database Reporting, RoadNet)
2. Strong communication skills
4. Must be able to work with well with all levels within the organization
5. Ability to handle multiple tasks
6. Organizational skills and ability to handle crisis situations effectively
7. Ability to work in past-paced environment
8. Knowledge of the Dallas/Fort Worth area is preferred
9. Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred
1. Must be mobile and able to reach above head, bend and manually move 40 lb. boxes of paper.
2. Ability to cope with stress effectively
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, and sit for extended periods and perform repetitive movements in wrists and arms on a frequent basis. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work is typically performed indoors in a climate controlled office environment at a desk or table requiring sitting, standing and stooping for long periods of time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Freshpoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time