Regional Accounting Manager
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Freshpoint California Region
Zip Code: 12345
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
This position is responsible for the oversight of several functional areas such as: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Financial Reporting. Responsible for general accounting functions and timely and accurate financial reporting. The position interacts with various departments throughout the company to resolve payable and receivable issues as well as reporting financial results and general ledger activity.
- Minimum of three years financial analyst and/or accounting experience
- Employee must pass a background check, pre-employment post offer drug screen
- Must be able to communicate well with others
- Pass the minimum hiring requirements
- Have strong general ledger background from journal entries through financial statement preparation
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Word, Outlook) required
- Knowledge of federal and state compensation laws and regulations
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Supervises and directs work of Accounts Payable Associates, Accounts Receivable Associates, Imaging Cashiers, and inbound/outbound mail processing
- Responsible for completing monthly close duties and schedules in a timely manner
- Prepare and file local monthly/quarterly tax returns
- Prepare annual state and federal tax packages
- Oversee and manage the payroll activities of local business
- Make recommendations to management to improve profitability
- Identify opportunities to control costs and reduce expenses
- Participate in shrink committee
- Responsible for the recruiting, training, and performance management and development of finance associates
- Interact with corp in terms of monthly close activities, including journal entries, monthly schedules and reconciliation work
- Assist with annual self-assessments
- Annual unclaimed property reporting
- Assist with annual operating plan
- Other duties as assigned
- Works primarily in the office and rarely in the warehouse
- Schedule Primarily Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm; extended working hours into evenings and weekends during month end close.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time