Company: Guest Supply
Zip Code: 08873
Minimum Level of Education: Associate's degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Travel Percentage: 0
Please apply directly at: https://careers-syscoguestsupply.icims.com/jobs/2140/buyer/job
More information about this job:
The Buyer assists Territory Managers (TMs) with the sales of Furniture, Fixture and Equipment (FF&E) products by providing vendor costs, freight charges, lead time and contingencies that may impact returns. The Buyer negotiates vendor costs and lead times, return policies and payment and rebate procedures as well as releases orders to vendors, expedite orders and insures vendors meet shipping times, quality standards and quoted costs.
- Effectively manage the drop ship purchasing process to insure the supplier is priced competitively, meets negotiated lead times, insures quality standards and correct invoicing, and provides competitive freight costs for all Territory Manager orders approved and released by Buyer.
- Follow up on pricing, freight terms, lead times, availability and status of open orders.
- Coordinate product specifications and artwork (if applicable) between Company and vendors.
- Manage ongoing relationship with suppliers and communicate vendor pricing, lead times, new product releases, discontinued items, new hotel brand standards that impact the supplier and all other negotiated processes and procedures that support the TM’s ability to successfully sell suppliers’ products.
- Work with supplier, internal Accounting Department and sales and sales management to resolve issues on freight damages, requests for returns, and accounts payable discrepancies, as required for customer satisfaction.
- Expedite purchases orders to insure vendor receipt and delivery is within requested lead times.
- Set up and update item numbers in PeopleSoft to insure descriptions, costs and lead times are up to date and accurate.
- Create sales tools and provide training information to support TM sales via telephone, email, GSI-net and onsite training.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, INCLUDING DEGREES & CERTIFICATIONS:
Two year College degree or equivalent work experience.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE (YEARS & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE):
2+ years’ experience related procurement function.
SKILLS & ABILITIES (TYPE & PROFICIENCY)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and inter-department staff. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
- Planning / Organization - Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines and shift priorities as necessary. Uses time effectively.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Follows through on commitments.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
- Proficient use of MS Windows and Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft plus.
“PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT”
The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- This position primarily works in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Limited travel (<10%) may be required to visit suppliers or attend trade or hotel brand conferences.
- May be required to utilize personal vehicle for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting. Must maintain a valid driver license and provide proof of current automobile insurance coverage as set forth by Sysco.
- This position may require evening and weekend work depending on business needs.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Employment Type: Full Time