Company: FreshPoint South Florida
Location: US-FL-Pompano Beach
Zip Code: 33069
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. At FreshPoint, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! If you want an opportunity to join a company focused on healthy living, environmental stewardship, and growing not only produce but your career, then read on and find what’s waiting for you at FreshPoint.
Applicants must be able to:
- sort repacked boxes, separating them and stacking them according to our customers’ specifications and proper layer configuration.
- Must stack all repacked products onto a wooden pallet based on ti-hi requirements, customer specifications, and/or proper case layer configuration.
- While in this position, the Palletizer will require to verify box condition, and if correct labeling has been applied. All non-conforming cases will be returned to the production line.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area. All trash, boxes, and debris must be picked up throughout the work shift, and before leaving for the day.
- Must ensure all products are palletized according to pallet order sheets, ensuring that no cases are missing from the order.
- Ensuring that the labels are placed uniformly on the pallets and pallets are stable and secured before leaving the area.
- Minimize the possibility of an accident to self and others.
- Achieve zero loss through product damages, and through equipment damages.
- Should possess ability to function as one of a team as well as complete duties safely.
- Position interfaces with other value added associates, repack line lead, value added production supervisor, and value added production manager.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and bend throughout the day.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must follow all food safety and GMP practices.
FreshPoint is more than just a place to work. Our passion for food and our customers has made us the industry leader. To remain at the top, we will continue to think bigger, work harder, and never give up. Are you ready to join us?
Take a look at some of our benefits:
- Competitive wages plus productivity incentives
- Paid Vacation
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits package, with many coverage options
- Generous retirement benefits
- Employee discount programs
- Discounts on company stock for associates interested in also being a shareholder
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Freshpoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.