Project Registration Specialist
Company: Sysco International Food Group, Inc
Location: US-FL- Plant City
Zip Code: 33566
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great product - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embody Sysco. Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
As the export specialty division of Sysco, Sysco International Food Group, Inc. delivers the product selection, expertise, service and capabilities of the global leader in food service to the world. Every day, over 30 US based restaurant chains ranging from fine dining to quick service all rely on Sysco IFG to deliver their brand and unique customer experience to consumers in over 90 countries.
We currently have an opening for a Project Registration Specialist. The Project Registration Specialist position is tasked with leading projects to implement new business opportunities within our organization. This involves working with customers around the world to understand their unique needs and government requirements, while also ensuring products are setup internally to flow smoothly throughout the organization.
This terrific opportunity is located at Sysco IFG's facility in Plant City, FL.
Please read through all Responsibilities, Qualifications and Requirements before applying.
The Project Registration Specialist primary responsibilities are:
- Work with customers, government officials, department manager, and other stakeholders to determine what information is required to export food and restaurant supplies to international markets
- Collect necessary information (specification sheets, product labels, ingredient details, certificates, etc.) from vendors and/or government agencies
- Send information to customers and communicate with internal and external stakeholders through email and phone conversations
- Identify desired market launch date with customer and create timeline with various milestones to track progress over time
- Setup customer accounts, work with the Labeling Department to have labels translated and cataloged (if necessary)
- Work with the Purchasing Department and customers to find substitutes for products that cannot meet requirements of destination country, fill out new item setup forms as needed, maintain item lists, have weekly/bi-weekly calls with customers in foreign markets, and confirm registration/regulatory needs are addressed before shipment.
- Research country requirements via government websites and internal historical records
- Catalog documentation received for future use
Project Registration Specialist Qualifications:
The Project Registration Specialist must:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an office environment preferred.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Have good time management skills and ability to prioritize and work under a high stress environment.
- Have effective written and verbal communication.
- Have proficiency in typing and Microsoft Office.
- Be able to sit at a desk for several hours a day.
- Be Self-Motivated and hard work driven.
*** All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of employment will be required to undergo and pass the following before their first day of employment:
- Pre-employment drug test in accordance with the Sysco policy
- Criminal Records Check
- Verification of Previous Employment
****Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time