Quality Assurance Technician
FreshPoint Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: FreshPoint Central Florida
Zip Code: 32809
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Basic Job Concept:
Monitor production, food safety, and sanitation practices within the FreshCuts processing room, including the completion of HACCP paperwork. Duties include additional checks and monitoring tasks which have been designed to further increase the efficiency, profitability and consistency of the FreshCuts operation.
1. Familiarity with produce or foodservice experience preferred.
2. Serve Safe certificate or familiarity with HACCP programs and paperwork preferred.
3. Familiarity with GMP’s, SSOP’s preferred.
1. Complete all HACCP and support documents in an accurate and timely manner.
2. Majority of work day will be spent in processing room completing tasks and observing processing.
3. Ensure all crew members are in full compliance with GMP’s, HACCP, any additional tasks or documentation assigned accordingly.
4. Take direction from Management on specific tasks and current critical issues.
5. Identify any product, processes or equipment that are not within acceptable tolerances and respond with corrective action.
6. Communicate with the FreshCuts management team regarding any issues that do occur.
7. Perform Daily QC checks on product as directed.
8. Observe and monitor product treatment processes.
9. Supply crew members with P.P.E. (personal protective equipment), basic hand tools, and food process chemicals as needed.
10. Ensure that all storage cages and cabinets remain secure at all times.
11. Perform pre-shift safety meetings as directed.
12. Conduct box room checks for order completion, cases palletized, and proper labeling as specified.
13. Observe and monitor product treatment processes.
14. Conduct pre & post-shift equipment checks depending on shift.
15. Supervise sanitation crew and ensure the production room is kept neat and orderly.
16. Refill cleaning and produce treatment chemical areas as needed.
17. Review and submit all paperwork to the designated location.
Alternate for Food Safety:
In the event that a QA Tech is not available for his/her shift an alternate QA Tech, QA Lead or QA trained Supervisor/Lead must fill in to ensure all responsibilities for food safety are carried out.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
1. Ability to effectively communicate.
2. Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
3. Strong reading, writing and problem solving skills.
The Physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
1. Ability to bend, climb, and lift overhead.
2. Ability to manipulate cutting tools such as knives and mandolins safely and effectively.
3. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
4. Must be able to work safely and effectively.
5. Ability to operate processing machinery.
6. Able to operate warehouse power equipment.
7. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
8. Must be able to work in very cold environment for extended periods of time.
9. Must have availability to work various shifts in AM or PM. Shifts will frequently include overtime.
While performing the duties of this job, an associate regularly works near moving mechanical apparatus and is regularly exposed to vibration and moderate to high noise levels. The work environment includes congested and high traffic areas, slippery floors, working alongside forklifts, single pallet jacks, electric walk behind jacks and hand carts. Walking and working is done on concrete flooring. Some duties are performed in the warehouse and will require work to be done in varying climates. Temperatures range from zero in the coolers to 95 degrees Fahrenheit or above outdoors. The shift end-time fluctuates with the employer’s daily needs. The associate occasionally works in high and precarious places.
This Job Description is not an employment contract. The company reserves the right to change the job description and the job duties at any time without notice. I certify that I understand the job description, I possess the above qualifications, and that I can perform each of the above functions with or without an accommodation.
FreshPoint must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through FreshPoint, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time