Responsible for the effectively supporting the Transportation Manager and assuming operation of the entire Transportation Department in the Transportation Manager’s absence. Supervisor must be able to communicate well with all departments, coordinate equipment and drivers, and maintain a fine balance between distribution efficiency and customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in routing all customers for specified time deliveries
• Responsible for assisting with scheduling second run drivers daily/weekly.
• Assure all keys for trucks are in the office and accounted for.
• Daily fleet inspection.
• Facilitate all hand truck, load bar, driver equipment availability, repair, accountability and maintenance.
• Maintain proper documentation and log books as required by the DOT
• Daily accountability of all vehicle post and pre-trip inspections.
• Complete payroll and turn in all documentation in timely manner in Transportation Manager’s absence.
• Assure drivers are properly trained in department policies, customer service, safety, and driving ability.
• Assist in routing all new accounts in AS400, making sure delivery time windows are met.
• Maintain all equipment with padlocks, insurance / registration envelope, truck emergency testing kit, and other necessities.
• Work closely with other departments to assure customer service is provided in the most efficient method.
• Assist in preparing performance evaluations on route drivers and schedule driver ride alongs.
• Answer incoming calls from drivers regarding problems and reroute when necessary.
• Perform other duties as directed by Distribution Manager.
• Adherence to attendance policy and work schedule.
• Work schedule to be Monday-Saturday, with either Tuesday or Thursday off, at the discretion of the Transportation Manager.
• Flexible availability required
• Other duties as assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
• Working knowledge of DOT and FMCSA Regulations.
• Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to train, motivate, discipline and develop route drivers.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to handle crisis situations effectively.
• Good communication skills within all levels of the organization
• Must be able to work with all levels within the organization.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Secondary education preferred.
• Prior supervisory background preferred.
• AS400 experience preferred.
• Class A or B CDL
The Physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, and sit for extended periods and perform repetitive movements in wrists and arms on a frequent basis. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Some loading/unloading of trucks is required. Must pass federal Department of Transportation Physical Exam requirements and obtain DOT certification.
Office environment with a large percentage of work time is spent in a warehouse where temperatures are cool and noise level can be moderate to high.
This Job Description is not an employment contract. The company reserves the right to change the job description and the job duties at any time without notice