Company: Buckhead Meat & Seafood of Ohio
Zip Code: 43619
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Location: Buckhead Meat & Seafood of Ohio, 2665 Tracy Road, Northwood, OH 43619
Monday – Friday 8:00 p.m. start time! Full-time position! $12.00/hour starting wage!
Be a part of a dynamic organization by working for one of Sysco’s specialty meat companies where we provide custom-cut fresh steaks and other meat, seafood and poultry, giving customers dependable quality, selection and freshness.
We offer vacation/sick time, medical/dental benefits, a generous 401K plan, Employee Stock Purchase Program, product discounts, and more!
Sanitation is responsible for ensuring sanitary conditions of equipment and the plant are met each day before production starts in compliance with standards and regulatory guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Each employee is responsible for the food safety and quality of our products. Each employee is responsible for reporting food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action (managers, supervisors, QA).
- Perform cleaning operations of the production facilities, which involves disassembly, cleaning parts manually or with high pressure hoses and reassembly of all equipment.
- Clean overhead areas throughout facility including pipes, cords/hoses, refrigeration units, light covers and other fixtures.
- Preparing the plant each day so it will pass company and USDA inspection.
- Good attendance and adherence to work schedule.
- Adherence to all Good Manufacturing Practices, Company Policies, Code of Conduct and Safety procedures.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical strength to lift and maneuver 50-60 pounds
- Standing, stooping, bending reaching and climbing are regular activities
- Ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities
- Must have the ability to talk and hear; must be able to hear warning horns on moving machinery, vehicles, and equipment
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include close and distance vision, depth perception, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- Must exhibit a required level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform requirements of the position
- Ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas. These areas are cold and wet and exposure to moving machinery and sharp surfaces area a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Employment Type: Full Time