Customer Service Manager
Company: FreshPoint Southern California
Location: US-CA-City of Industry
Zip Code: 91744
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. As a Sysco owned company, we provide the benefits and resources of a fortune 100 enterprise with a real family feel.
Are you passionate?
If so, apply now for your fresh start with FreshPoint
The primary objective is to maintain superlative customer service while meeting gross profit dollar objectives. Coordinate special runs each day among the customer service representatives, shipping, and fleet departments. Promote the push sheet among the CSR’s, and coordinate their efforts. Generate additional gross profit dollars through creative selling and pricing techniques
Vice President of Sales
Customer Service Representatives
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Liberal Arts, or appropriate discipline preferred.
- One (1) year experience in a sales related position.
- Experience managing individuals, motivating, training and disciplining a staff.
- Daily management of customer service representatives.
- Development and training of each customer service representative.
- Motivate, discipline, and hire staff.
- Setting goals and objectives for customer service representatives.
- Prepare performance evaluations on time.
- Coordinate and communicate customer concerns with appropriate departments.
- Credit resolutions and challenges.
- Customer over orders and resolution.
- Meet or exceed sales goals.
- Track and follow up with customer alerts with urgency.
- Effective communication to customers on market conditions.
- Manage short sheets, after hour reports and call sheets.
- Staff scheduling.
- Attend sales meetings weekly.
- Follow through and take ownership with all customers.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- Proven ability to generate new sales.
- Communicate effectively, and follow through on directions.
- Proven ability to present themselves professionally and exhibit the basic tenants of effective salesmanship.
- Proven ability to effectively manage projects.
The Physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, and sit for extended periods and perform repetitive movements in wrists and arms on a frequent basis. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work is typically performed indoors in a climate controlled office environment at a desk or table requiring sitting, standing and stooping; and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The employee is occasionally exposed to congested and high traffic areas and moving mechanical parts and vehicles, including but not limited to forklifts, single pallet jacks, electric walk behind jacks, and hand carts. The employee is periodically exposed to varying climates with temperatures ranging from zero to ninety-five degrees Fahrenheit.
This Job Description is not an employment contract. The company reserves the right to change the job description and the job duties at any time without notice. I certify that I understand the job description, I possess the above qualifications, and that I can perform each of the above functions with or without an accommodation
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Freshpoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time