Mgr, Price Strategy
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 6
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Lead and manage pricing strategy and analysis required to continuously optimize customer profitability within the multi-unit account area. Own full responsibility for a specific sales segment (Chain Rest., Healthcare, TL&R, FSM) and the aligment with the corresponding leadership team. Accountable for setting segment strategy as well as engagement of team resources, development, tracking and completion of individual goals. End-to-end management of the segment from a program and pricing standpoint.
- Thought leader and decision maker for assigned national account segment; responsible for all activities related to customer pricing strategy. Includes analysis of business threats, communication of proactive opportunities, significant direct customer interaction and presentation at the senior executive level, and elevation of issues to VPNA and Segment Leadership.
- Coach and develop a high performing team of 3-6 individual contributors; provide guidance and direction for best practice around analysis, pricing, communication and accountability. Responsibility for personnel decisions and alignment with department long term strategy and goals.
- Develop strategies, create analytical tools, and define processes that enable the sales organization to effectively measure the impact of pricing as a strategic driver of business results across the multi- unit account landscape. Work cross functionally to automate or improve existing processes to streamline accuracy and performance.
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, or other quantitative field required. Master's degree or MBA preferred.
- 6+ years of progressive analytics experience. Distribution or foodservice experience a plus.
- Quantitative problem solver; analytical thinker who can draw conclusions from multiple data sources
- Strong written and oral communication skills; polished presentation skills in front of an executive audience
- Collaborative team player who works well with others to achieve positive results
- Entrepreneurial spirit; embraces change and the challenge to innovate that comes with it
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel (e.g. formulas, pivot tables, data connections, macros and automation)
- Expert Powerpoint skills (e.g., ability to create and manipulate decks, add charts and other visuals)
- Proficency in database access and reporting; Experience in SQL, Tableau, 1010Data, SAS, R or other relevant data mining software preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employeewill be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time