Outbound Warehouse Supervisor
Outbound Warehouse Supervisor
At FreshPoint, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. As a Sysco owned company, we provide the benefits and resources of a fortune 100 enterprise with a real family feel.
As North America’s largest and most respected fresh produce distributor, we take food safety seriously and so must our leaders. This individual can look forward to making an impact by providing leadership to our outbound distribution team, leading the team to meet Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), celebrating our successes and identifying solutions to overcome any challenges. This team sets up the fleet of driver for success each day.
Are you passionate?
If so, apply now for your fresh start with FreshPoint
Oversee the day-to day functions of operation of the warehouse. This supervisor will manage day warehouse staff and oversee order selecting, replenishment and inbound receiving of produce/product. Ensure staffing needs and troubleshoot procedural operations.
- Pay Type: Salaried
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Travel Percentage: 0%
- Work Location: Denver, CO
- Work Schedule: Days
- High School Degree required
- Secondary Education preferred
- 2-5 years warehouse experience required
- Produce experience preferred
- 2+ years’ experience as a Warehouse Supervisor required
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of ADP e-Time preferred
- Train and motivate Day Warehouse/Receiving staff.
- Educate & enforce both safety and company policies.
- Continually review warehouse procedures, modifying and revising operations to create a more efficient and productive operation.
- Schedule, assign, delegate and monitor warehouse staff efficiently.
- Communicate daily with Warehouse Manager regarding day warehouse responsibilities.
- Recommend manpower need(s) based upon work volume.
- Ensure that operating expenses are kept at a minimum.
- Ensure that all 2nd run route(s) dispatch times are met/orders picked on time.
- Responsible for ensuring all products are scanned to the proper location and no product is moved without following the proper procedures.
- Ensure all slots are replenished and product is properly rotated prior to the arrival of the NWH team.
- Ensure the warehouse is ‘set-up’ for night order selection (i.e. trucks in bays, dock plates up, pallets sorted etc.)
- Responsible for ensuring Inventory guns are properly tracked, distributed and maintained.
- Responsible for the daily upkeep of power equipment, including battery changing.
- Responsible for ensuring work spaces are kept clean and free of debris.
- Communicate with the oncoming managers and supervisors regarding all information necessary to make a smooth change of shifts.
- Responsible for Food Safety Compliance as it pertains to the DWH as directed by the Safety manager.
- Prepare and facilitate weekly inventory counts, ensuring all inventory best practices are adhered to.
- Conduct and supervise Quality control inspections, and the overall DWH quality program.
- Observation of warehouse operations, identify opportunities to increase efficiencies.
- Support Safety Manager to ensure AIB inspection preparation
- Complete various reports as necessary
- Communicate new initiatives, daily challenges and opportunities to staff, management and other departments.
- Facilitate ‘blind’ receiving in conjunction with Receiving Department Leadership.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Continuously review standard operating procedures, adding new procedures and creating better efficiency by altering current procedures upon the approval of the Day Warehouse Manager.
- Responsible for Ensuring all duties of Assistant are completed timely and accurately.
- Analyze & present weekly data, develop plans of action to drive efficiencies.
- Previous night follow up (regarding quality issues).
- Employee Annual Performance Reviews
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 -80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to handle up to 80 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
THE PERKS and BENEFITS
- Exciting promotions and opportunities to increase your income? Are we able to better define this?
- Personal and career growth
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- A stable growing company
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription plans
- Life and Disability insurance coverage
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase, Employee Assistance programs
- Pre-tax savings opportunities
- Discounts and other perks that come with being a Sysco associate
- Check out Syscobenefits.com for more information!
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.Employment Type: Full Time