Program Quality Manager - Product
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
POSITION SUMMARY: Execute initiatives, manage projects and lead FSQA programs that assure products are in compliance with Sysco program requirements. Responsible for ensuring the maintenance of and/or compliance of supplier’s products to Sysco food safety and brand supplier standards. Lead the FSQA product process and a cross functional team to develop and improve new and existing Sysco-branded product programs. Interact with customers to comprehend and support requests for information regarding product compliance to Sysco programs.
ESSENTIAL & OCCASIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead, execute and promote Sysco Brand Product approval process.
- Manage and execute FSQA sourcing processes and procedures to ensure compliance of all awarded and sourced products to source award criteria related to quality and food safety.
- Lead initial product review process for potential Sysco branded products to assess their suitability relative to Sysco requirements for product food safety & quality. Issue concise verbal and written reports relative to observations and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Create and/or review product specifications for Sysco brand products, providing timely response and direction to internal and external stakeholders.
- Execute evaluations of Sysco brand products and follow-up with corrective actions to suppliers and Sysco Corporation.
- Provide formal verbal/written communications to internal and external cross-functional stakeholders that document product compliance and performance to Sysco Brand requirements.
- Create, implement and manage programs that help ensure Sysco brand product food safety and product quality/consistency.
- Monitor websites/publications to identify food safety, regulatory changes, alerts, or actions by regulatory agencies relative to product food safety.
- Leads and reviews the work of professional and supervisory level coworkers involved in FSQA activities in area of supplier product responsibility.
- Domestic and International travel may be required. Travel may be required up to two (2) days per month. Travel after normal work hours and/or weekend days may be required.
- Involved in team management activities including interviewing, development and performance reviews of team members.
- Create annual and quarterly objectives according to Coaching & Maximizing Performance (CMP) plan and FSQA KPI’s; travel to current/potential Sysco brand suppliers and/or co-packers, prioritize projects, correspondence, and specification development.
- Contribute to development of an operating plan, budget and performance goals.
OCCASIONAL/MARGINAL JOB DUTIES:
- Provide support, when necessary, with departmental goals and communication to other FSQA staff members in the event of a product quality complaint or food safety issue.
- Complete any other essential job functions as assigned by supervisor.
- Participate in corporate FSQA meetings/functions.
Interfaces with Sourcing, Marketing, B.T, Legal, Risk Management, Sales, CSR, CatMan, & OPCO personnel, suppliers and customers at all levels.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science, Food Science, or Biological Science from a four-year college or university is required. Minimum five years of experience in quality assurance, quality control, R&D research and development, production, or operations of a food manufacturing facility is required.
Certification or Formal job training in TQM principles, SPC, GFSI, HACCP, Preventable Controls, FSMA and USDA/FDA regulations would be beneficial. Ability to speak multiple languages is preferred.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
Ability to prioritize resources, review deliverables and performance metrics and focus on executing results while holding self and others accountable.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Displays problem solving, organizational and analytical skills which includes solution analysis and mobilization of resources.
Ability to use lab equipment, food preparation equipment, personal computer and office communications equipment.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time