Senior Director of Global Product Development
Company: Guest Supply
Zip Code: 08873
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 10 +
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
Who We Are:
Gilchrist & Soames, a division of Guest Worldwide, is a global personal care manufacturer that combines its industry leading hotel amenity manufacturing capabilities with a passion for pure and innovative bath products. We have an unwavering commitment to excellence, environmental stewardship and clean, skin-friendly formulations.
If you are passionate about product development, have exceptional leadership skills and demonstrated experience leading a cross functional team to execute new product development and design in the liquids packaging, bathroom hard goods, cosmetics, personal care or perfume industry we’d love to hear from you. At Gilchrist & Soames you can build a career that challenges your intellect, enhances your business acumen and develops you personally and professionally.
The Senior Director of Product Development role is a unique opportunity to join a growing and dynamic organization whose strong personal care manufacturing foundation and strategic business initiatives have propelled it to the forefront of the travel and leisure industry. This role reports to the Senior Vice President & General Manager of Gilchrist & Soames and will be responsible for delivering product development, design and innovation for the hospitality amenity business and personal care manufacturing more broadly. It will have direct oversight of the formulation research and development team and design teams including industrial design, graphics design, and production art. The Senior Director of Product Development works day-to-day in a matrix organization with project management and other internal partners in the US, EMEA and Asia including sales, engineering, marketing and manufacturing to develop and execute new personal care collections, products and delivery systems for both for retail license brands and house collections.
About Guest Worldwide:
Guest Worldwide, a Sysco company, is a leading global manufacturer and distributor to the Travel and Leisure industry, providing hospitality products for more than 40 years to over 25,000 well-known hotel chains and independent properties in over 100 countries. Recently achieving 1 billion dollars in annual revenue, Guest Worldwide has grown its business by over 200% in the last 7 years. Manufacturing, distribution, and purchasing resources are strategically located in the United States, Canada, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East, ensuring superior product selection and availability, as well as quick and efficient response to meet virtually every need.
Guest Worldwide is also a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco. Sysco is a 50-billion-dollar industry leading global food and beverage distribution company, employing hundreds of thousands of employees worldwide and home to the 13th largest sales organization in the world. For more information, visit www.guestworldwide.com.
- Translate and communicate the vision and strategy of the division to an innovation and product development and plan for execution by your team and the broader organization
- Manage all day-to-day activities and priorities for the formulation R&D team and design teams including industrial designers, graphics designers and production artists
- Ensure the economic success of the organization through active financial management, prudent business practices and establishing aggressive achievable expense control goals
- Direct R&D/innovation and design efforts to support customer and consumer needs and desires globally
- Responsible for formulation, packaging and graphics development for license brand partners. This includes executing against defined brand standards and product requirements and/or recommending ways to adapt while staying “on brand” to value-engineering the product or design to meet the requirements of the lodging marketplace and/or other channels the business may enter in the future.
- Responsible for creating and executing custom product programs for customers including story development in partnership with marketing, delivery system/vessel selection or development, graphics and packaging development, fragrance selection and full formulation development.
- Ensure that all programs meet the regulatory requirements for all markets in which they will be sold around the world. Partner with cross functional team members in EMEA, APAC and LATAM to launch stock collections, license brands and custom programs that grow profitable revenue.
- Support the Gilchrist & Soames sales and manufacturing business leaders as a resource that ensures all programs developed are created with the right considerations, inputs and information throughout PD to launch on-time and on-budget at the optimal manufacturing sites around the world
- Minimum of 10 years leading product management and/or product development with team management and portfolio responsibility
- Strongly prefer 5 years cosmetics, personal care, or perfume experience in a management role; will consider relevant leadership experience with other liquids packaging or bathroom hard goods product development
- Experience leading multiple functions and geographically dispersed teams in a matrix environment
- Experienced in project management, brand licensing and innovation development
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry is desired
- Strong leadership capability and one who is viewed by others as having a high degree of integrity and forethought in his/her approach to making decisions; the ability to act in a transparent and consistent manner while always taking into account what is best for the organization
- Exceptional innovation, prioritization and project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication and active-listening skills
- Highly demonstrated ability to lead teams with a continuous improvement mentality
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems creatively; consistently considers multiple different potential approaches when faced with a customer request, problem, innovation idea or new creative directive
- Demonstrated ability to understand broader organizational capabilities and priorities then translate those to prioritized actionable plans for team members
- Ability to influence without authority and work in a matrix and shared services environment
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial and creative approach to developing new, innovative ideas that will stretch the organization and push the boundaries within the industry
- The ability to quickly gain trust, motivate a team and persevere in the face of challenges
- Self-reflective and aware of his/her own limitations; leads by example and drives the group’s performance with an attitude of continuous improvement by being open to feedback
Guest Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time