Vice President of Sales
Company: Metropolitan Meat Seafood and Poultry
Zip Code: 20785
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 10 +
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
The VP of Sales is a key partner to drive direct street /inside sales team. Develop strategic plans for growing sales, increasing penetration, and reducing lost business. This leadership role is responsible for enhancing the customer experience and supporting the company’s financial plan. This position has oversight of the development of the sales team to ensure staffing is adequate in both numbers and development.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall responsibilities for all sales and customer service personnel.
- Hire, train, manage, coach, and discipline
- Set compensation to support the overall business objectives.
- Responsible for developing strategic plans to deploy resources against our greatest sales opportunities and track and monitor progress
- Responsible to work directly with the sales team to develop, promote, and support initiatives to achieve budgetary planned sales target.
- Creatively approach customer events and connections to ensure high ROI vs expense and customer centric approach is accomplished.
- Develop data analytics to decipher areas of opportunity with penetration, create strategic plans; influence stakeholders and report out on results. Develop date routines to elevate potential lost business concerns to reduce or minimize exposure.
- Cultivate relationships with current and future customers to impact business results.
- Key contributor in setting sales strategy in terms of service offerings
- Hours, delivery days, cut offs, service area.
- Product development and offerings
- Work closely with purchasing in developing/ vetting and rolling out new products to sales force and customers
- Develop marketing strategies as needed to support rollout/launch of products.
- This role will be a key member of senior management team.
- Any special projects as assigned to lead or contribute as necessary.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. business administration) or equivalent field experience.
- 10+ years directly related sales experience with at least 7 in a sales management position responsible for a sales team. Preferable experience in food service sales
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license with a driving record that meets Company minimum standards
- Must maintain current automobile insurance with the following limits Bodily injury $100,000 each person and $300,000 each accident; property damage of $100,000
- Must be willing to sign a Sysco Protective Covenants Agreement
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrates mastery of skills in the area of consultative selling, marketing principles, prospecting, networking, coaching and negotiations
- Prior Sales leadership experience preferred. Ability to interact well with customers (internal and external).
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Solid analytical problem-solving skills, including familiarities with analyzing reports and deriving insight from data.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a variety of stakeholders; can derive insight from others through probing questions and collaborative problem solving.
- Demonstrate experience with and working knowledge of customers and sales support best practices.
- Knowledge of marketing principles, product lines, ordering procedures and credit terms of familiarization with customer services activities, inter departmental communication and general fiancé concepts.
- Excellence organizational and project management skills, including the ability to execute multiple initiatives autonomously; Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Knowledge of Spreadsheet software (e.g. Excel) and Word processing software.
- Coordination of Corporate initiatives in the field.
- Interprets data in the form of reports and harness data insights to provide feedback to team, align priorities, and discover business opportunities/ focus areas.
- Utilize KPIs/ metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of various business resources efforts including new business, retention and penetration strategies.
- Provide specialized product knowledge of products and translates into business opportunities with customers.
- Develops new ideas and concepts for displaying and presenting products at trade shows, district sales meetings and other inside and outside promotions and events.
- Assist with people development strategy of team and support recruiting and hiring decisions.
- Ability to effectively coach, counsel, train and direct associates
- Demonstrates working knowledge of general finance terminology/concepts and credit terms
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Spreadsheet and Word Processing software
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments and shifts in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Understanding of Sysco’s key business metrics – preferred
- Ability to handle multiple jobs, timelines and deadlines
- Ability to prioritize, multi task, and shift priorities as necessary
- Proactive and self-directed, yet able to work as part of a team
- Strong analytical skills to assess available market research and trends in the market
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Reports to work promptly and regularly; works well with others; demonstrates the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate all the Leadership Framework competencies for this position.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This position will require regular travel via a personal automobile which may result in long periods of sitting.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
- If working remote, must have required software to ensure timely communications and have a dedicated work space free of any distractions and participate in conference calls in a business friendly environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time