Industrial Maintenance Technician
Company: FreshPoint Atlanta
Zip Code: 30213
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
At FreshPoint, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. As a Sysco owned company, we provide the benefits and resources of a fortune 100 enterprise with a real family feel.
Opportunity is knocking! At FreshPoint we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great meal - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embodies FreshPoint. FreshPoint is a leader in selling, marketing and distributing produce, dairy and other food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all Fresh Cut related equipment. This is to include scheduled/preventive maintenance, and any necessary repairs to ensure no interruption of production.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES & TASKS:
· Prepare preventative maintenance schedules for all FreshCut equipment
· Stock a sufficient supply of parts to meet the needs of the FreshCut department. Communicate the need to order supplies and parts to the General Manager when needed
· Prepare a monthly inventory of all parts and supplies
· Repair equipment as needed and perform preventative maintenance
· Train other staff on minor repairs of equipment
· Adhere to all safety rules and warehouse preventive work methods
· Keep the maintenance work area clean and organized
· Operate and manage the FreshCut equipment efficiently to assure safe operation and with minimal interruption of production
· Perform other duties as directed by management
QUALIFICATIONS : The minimum qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience needed to perform this job successfully.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Must have prior warehouse experience
· Electrical and mechanical problem solving knowledge and experience
· Ability to effectively communicate
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task
· Strong reading, writing and problem solving skills
· Power Equipment experience preferred
The Physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
· Ability to bend, stoop, climb, and lift overhead
· Ability to manipulate cutting tools such as knives and mandolins safely and effectively
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
· Must be able to work safely and effectively in confined spaces
· Ability to operate processing machinery
· Able to operate warehouse power equipment
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time
· Must be able to work in very cold environment for extended periods of time
While performing the duties of this job, an associate regularly works near moving mechanical apparatus and is regularly exposed to vibration and moderate to high noise levels. The work environment includes congested and high traffic areas, slippery floors, working alongside forklifts, single pallet jacks, electric walk behind jacks and hand carts. Walking and working is done on concrete flooring. Some duties are performed in the warehouse and will require work to be done in varying climates. Temperatures range from zero in the coolers to 95 degrees Fahrenheit or above outdoors. The shift end-time fluctuates with the employer’s daily needs. The associate occasionally works in high and precarious places.
· Exciting promotions and opportunities to increase your income
· Personal and career growth
· Friendly and supportive work environment
· A stable growing company
· Medical, dental, vision, prescription plans
· Life and Disability insurance coverage
· 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase, Employee Assistance programs
· Pre-tax savings opportunities
· Discounts and other perks that come with being a Sysco associate
· Check out Syscobenefits.com/careers for more information
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.Employment Type: Full Time