Night Warehouse Clerk
Company: FreshPoint San Francisco
More information about this job:
Basic Job Concept:
The Night Warehouse Clerk is responsible for processing and assigning all routes to selectors and for all administrative duties for the Night crew including running reports, shorting product, and invoicing routes.
Night Warehouse Supervisor Night Warehouse Selectors Purchasing Dept.
Night Warehouse Manager Inside/Outside sales Department
1. High School diploma or G.E.D. (some college or degree preferred).
2. Strong communication skills (written, verbal) and strong reading and typing skills.
1. Basic knowledge of fresh quality produce (preferred).
2. Minimal experience working in a warehouse preferred.
3. Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Windows, and Command Driven operating systems (AS400).
4. Must have a basic experience using office equipment
1. Handle all assignments, duties and situations in a professional manner.
2. Assign and monitor selector routes.
3. Pick and process routes to give to selectors including highlighting Critical Care customers, placing truck assignments for routes on cover sheets, and checking off pre-pulls for specific routes.
4. Key in add on orders for specific approved customers.
5. Enter data on the Night Shipping Spreadsheet.
6. Manage the putty/wearable system including assigning routes, allocating stops and removing pre-pulled orders.
7. Perform basic wearable maintenance including changing batteries and re-setting wearable gun units.
8. Sign out forklift driver scan guns and all night selector equipment.
9. Manage the equipment sign out and sign in process.
10. Properly invoice and route credit memos and any flyers for delivery to customers.
11. Make changes, adjustments, and substitutions to route paperwork in the system, then invoice routes for billing.
12. Look up product availability and acceptable substitutions for selectors.
13. Function as Warehouse Selector as needed.
14. Run all end of day queries and reports, collate and place in assigned locations.
15. Separate and collate all routes with proper paperwork in assigned route slot for driver pick-up.
16. Communicate with drivers on any route changes, new customers, or any other circumstances that might affect our customers and their delivery.
17. Perform additional tasks as directed by management personnel. This includes, but is not limited to rolling citrus, switching batteries on power equipment, helping to clean and inspect the warehouse at the end of the shift.
18. Responsible for working until relieved by the Transportation Manager/Supervisor. This may require working longer than scheduled shift.
19. Holiday, Weekend and Overtime work is required
20. Excellent attendance and adherence to work schedule.
21. Adherence to all Good Manufacturing Practices, Company Policies and Safety procedures.
These physical demands are those that must be performed by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Sit for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, turn body, and walk.
2. Lift and move cases ranging in weight from 10 lbs to 50 lbs continuously and up to 99 lbs occasionally to and from heights ranging from floor to knee, waist, shoulder and overhead.
3. Use hands and fingers to type.
4. Handle and feel objects and/or equipment controls; reach with hands and arms.
5. Must have the ability to talk and hear; must be able to hear warning horns on moving machinery and equipment.
6. Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include close and distance vision, depth perception, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
7. Must have the ability to work in a cold cooler environment for short periods of time.
While performing the duties of this job, an associate regularly works near moving mechanical apparatus and is regularly exposed to vibration and moderate to high noise levels. The work environment includes congested and high traffic areas, slippery floors, working alongside forklifts, pallet jacks, electric walk behind jacks and hand carts. Walking and working is done on concrete flooring. Some duties are performed in the warehouse and will require work to be done in varying climates. Temperatures range from 34 to 55 degrees Fahrenheit in the coolers and occasionally may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Freshpoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time