Company: FreshPoint Oklahoma City
Location: US-OK-Oklahoma City
Zip Code: 77429
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. At FreshPoint, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! If you want an opportunity to join a company focused on healthy living, environmental stewardship, and growing not only produce but your career, then read on and find what’s waiting for you at FreshPoint.
This position is responsible for receiving invoices, assist in determination of credits to customers for returned products, properly filing and sorting invoices to designated places or people, and maintaining records of returned items. The position plays an integral role in communicating between departments, reporting issues from either customers or products to the proper associates, and investigating negative trends.
This position provides support to the drivers and transportation department with proper handling of manifests, maintaining customer key box and logs, in addition to dispatching day routes.
Job requires working in areas with temperature and humidity variations based on local weather conditions, and on selecting environment (Dry, Cooler, Freezer).
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to communicate
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong research skills
- Ability to handle periodic high volume, busy periods with professional composure
- Proactively resolves problems
- Ability to read, analyze procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and peers
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusion
- Demonstrate strong customer relations and problem resolution skills.
- Effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision.
- Maintain ongoing inter-department communications related to safety and customer relations
Driver Check In Admin Duties:
- Ensures all invoices are accounted for and stored
- Assists in the receiving of returned items and credits
- Correctly log credit codes of returned items and store for later
- Communicate with any needed department about noticed issues
- Ability to note trends of customers and products that consistently have issues to record and report to the proper associate
- Create a daily record of noted issues to send to every department
- Check all drivers paperwork for errors
- Research causes of inventory issues
- Check to assure invoicing is accurate and customers receive assistance as necessary
- Assists in inventory help and keeping all products in check
- Must be 18+ years of age
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Previous experience in with warehouse management system
- Previous experience in a warehouse environment
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Safety Awareness
- Quality Orientation
- Managing Work
- Quality Orientation
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint, a Sysco company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
AAP/EEO/M/F/V/DEmployment Type: Full Time